it's that time of year again :(

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
decided it was time to put her away, so i figured i'd take a few pics to share:

here is her new home!! (bought a house with an insulated and heated garage)
IMG_4814.jpg

laid down carpet, then the car bag
IMG_4833.jpg

decided this year to jack her up just so the suspension isn't taking the full weight
IMG_4835.jpg

jackstands under truck w/ carpet so i don't rip the car bag
IMG_4840.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

the desecant used to keep her dry over the long winter
IMG_4847.jpg

IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4849.jpg

to prepare her i give her a good wash first, change the oil, over inflate the tires to 40psi, put in sta-bil for the amount of gas (i usually leave 1/2 tank so i can fill in the spring with new, fresh gas before i go for a good run), crack the windows a bit, remove the battery, and then do as the pics above - then leave her until may.

Tazman1

fast is not fast enough!!
Established Member
Were did you ge the car bag from? I need one of those for mine...

Never mind, I found the web site. I can't use it for outside use any way.

For those of you who are looking for this Item. www.carbag.com

Last edited:

MayfairSC

Established Member
That truck gets better treated than my wife.

Well done! That's exactly what needs to be done and no need to start it up.

SVT2122

Established Member
Wow I'm getting depressed looking at those pictures, next weekend mines going away. :nonono:

Krwy

Established Member
Damn that must really be shitty to park the truck for that long. I'm glad I live in SoCal and I drive her year round. At least you're doing it the right way, keeping her nice and clean, and the miles really low.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
thanks guys!!!

ya, six months is a LONG time with out her! at least i can now look in my garage and have a peak where before i stored her about 40 min outside of town.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I kinda know the feeling. I'm without my truck for about 4 months twice a year while I'm away at school. But look on the bright side, It's the cheapest performance mod you can do because the first time you get back in it, the truck feels like a beast!!!

2tonOfun

Established Member
Damn that must really be shitty to park the truck for that long. I'm glad I live in SoCal and I drive her year round. At least you're doing it the right way, keeping her nice and clean, and the miles really low.

+1. :cryying: very sad.

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Wow.. nice work.. I just dropped mine off to my buddy who will have it until 2010 when i get back from Aussie :(

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
I'm all messed up. Mine been in storage for a month now and I'm getting ready to take it out of storage just in time for crappy weather.

Nice setup Sean. :thumbsup:

How come you didn't go all out for the blowup car bag Eh??

MJG

Established Member
Ya screw winters here in Canada, really blows when you see it go bye bye. My nieghbour drives his year round...Ive pulled him outta the snow drift a few times .Kind of funny seeing a red lightning rip around the corner and just spin and spin and spin, catches everyones attention with the exhaust just roaring.

lightning25

SEANSVT
Established Member
I'm all messed up. Mine been in storage for a month now and I'm getting ready to take it out of storage just in time for crappy weather.

Nice setup Sean. :thumbsup:

How come you didn't go all out for the blowup car bag Eh??

what is this blow up car bag, EH?

Ya screw winters here in Canada, really blows when you see it go bye bye. My nieghbour drives his year round...Ive pulled him outta the snow drift a few times .Kind of funny seeing a red lightning rip around the corner and just spin and spin and spin, catches everyones attention with the exhaust just roaring.

i've seen a few videos of this....very funny watching the tires "try" to grip on ice!

but the gas saved just means i can add on an icy res, line lock and who knows what else in the spring :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread