Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A police presence is welcomed. Citations given for laws broken are expected. I am hearing about, and finding videos for arrests that make little to no sense in my mind.

There is a fine line, a balance point if you will. The officers are following orders. Right now I am seeing orders designed to bring in revenue, not suppress crime.

I hope I am wrong.

Sent from a non multiquoting device at svtperformance.com mobile app
KingBlack lives there and said the MB cops are strict like that all the time. It's not restricted to MW.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
This event is closer to me, no idea how it went this year. Definitely a lot more centrally located.

Has drag racing.

Hard to believe a loud car would attract much fuss out here.

Sturgis Mustang Rally Event Schedule - sturgismustangrally.com - Largest Midwest Mustang Rally
I've done that event a few times. Well run and lot's o fun.

I'm up for an STPV Deal's Gap / Tail of the Dragon meet.

If my straight line Hayabusa could handle it, a Mustang can.

Can you imagine the exhaust echoing off of the mountain walls?
I've also done that and will be there again next April...in a convertible.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
MB would be loosing out on a lot of profit from the large amount of people who go down for the week though

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
MB would be loosing out on a lot of profit from the large amount of people who go down for the week though

Let me put it into perspective.

Myrtle Beach is the equivalent of a shitty half ass attempt at a Carnival. Just because it's a Carnival, people come to it. Not because it's good, but because it says "Carnival" above the front gate. So people show up, they come, it sucks, and despite this, people still come after.

Saying they are going to lose money if MW leaves is like saying they are going to lose money at the carnival over one bus full of kids.

MW is a drop in the hat, and they don't care or want it there. They want to enjoy the crappy beaches, gimmicks, and fair signs all to themselves.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Let me put it into perspective.

Myrtle Beach is the equivalent of a shitty half ass attempt at a Carnival. Just because it's a Carnival, people come to it. Not because it's good, but because it says "Carnival" above the front gate. So people show up, they come, it sucks, and despite this, people still come after.

Saying they are going to lose money if MW leaves is like saying they are going to lose money at the carnival over one bus full of kids.

MW is a drop in the hat, and they don't care or want it there. They want to enjoy the crappy beaches, gimmicks, and fair signs all to themselves.

I didn't say loose money, I said loosing out on profit, I probably should have said missing out on potential profit. Non the less it's not going to affect my life in one bit, but I actually did enjoy my visits to MB and would go back regardless

no problem. continue to remain ignorant

LOL ok buddy, if you think I was being serious and I'm actually being ignorant, I feel really bad for you trying to actually function in society.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd like to do something at Heartland Park.
Local governments here in Kansas typically go crazy when it come to attracting Tourist money...
They think they can get something that brings tourists and the tax money comes flying out to try and lock it in.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Local governments here in Kansas typically go crazy when it come to attracting Tourist money...
They think they can get something that brings tourists and the tax money comes flying out to try and lock it in.

I like when the tax money flows in the other direction.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Glad to see i'm not the only one in this train of thought.

Partly why I suggested Mooresville/Charlotte area. You're talking about tracks, race shops, vendors, lakes, major metropolitan city, but also country nearby. It kind of all flows out and the density of mustangs wouldn't be 6 million every square mile.

not sure if serious, Charlotte already banned cars n coffee. If they cant handle a small parking lot of mid 40s hipsters drinking coffee and showing off their rolling mortgages im sure the mustang week crowd will not be welcome.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
not sure if serious, Charlotte already banned cars n coffee. If they cant handle a small parking lot of mid 40s hipsters drinking coffee and showing off their rolling mortgages im sure the mustang week crowd will not be welcome.
Charlotte would lose their mind after a few days of burnouts, loud cars, and shenanigans that a few of our crowd is known for.

SHOdown220

Established Member

When did charlotte ban cars and coffee? They did get booted from a previous location but have been using a new location I think all year...

Honestly after living there for several years I figured they didn't pull anyone over for driving infractions lol. I can't count the number of times I watched cars speeding well over the limit, run red lights trying to beat the yellow and just overall poor driving right in front of cops and never get pulled over.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
When did charlotte ban cars and coffee? They did get booted from a previous location but have been using a new location I think all year...

yeah, they were "removed" from the previous location. Still though, ive been to charlotte cars and coffee multiple times and it was very small crowd (<50 cars) and very mellow, the fact they were asked to leave that location speaks volumes.

caffeine and octane in ATL has probably 1,000+ cars and there hasn't been many issues.

Zemedici

Established Member
yeah, they were "removed" from the previous location. Still though, ive been to charlotte cars and coffee multiple times and it was very small crowd (<50 cars) and very mellow, the fact they were asked to leave that location speaks volumes.

caffeine and octane in ATL has probably 1,000+ cars and there hasn't been many issues.

Easy. Probably closer to 2000, was just there last week. Heavy police presence keeps the hooning to a minimum, but they still let you have a little fun. Revs galore and occasional tire roast leaving, all in good fun.

The Bro dozer is a hit :) along with my boss’s 800whp Jeep SRT8

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I am leaning heavily toward saving my gas money. I keep hearing stories and seeing videos. The police and city are making a loud and clear statement this year. I can't afford a ticket because my car is loud, or because I had to rev match and down shift.

Tough decision. I'm not sure if I am brave enough to push my luck.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I like when the tax money flows in the other direction.
You and me both!
Aviation companies have the state whipped, they want something all they have to do is hint at leaving and everything from my personal property, hell even electricity rates go up (and most is from a nuke).
The local governments chase after Toursism money like it's some magical cure all...
But when it comes to cars, we will shut down town for a good car show, in about any part of the state.
Get HPT as a venue, and I'd bet Topeka would love to host related events all over town.

Sent from my Note9

Users who are viewing this thread