IW lower pulley

STACKZ89

Established Member
I have a 2.65 upper and I'm about to buy a innovators west 10% lower... I'm curious where to buy from for a good deal? Is it worth it and also how much of a gain should I expect.? Thanks in advance fellas....

C.Stanley

Infidel
Established Member
Depending on your goals and final product. It is a great component for more boost (2-3lbs) as would be if you went with a 2.4 upper. With the 2.5 and iw 10% lower I am making around 20#'s with my current setup.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
What kind of fuel are you running? What are your fueling mods? Do you have any cooling mods? There are a lot of variables to answer your question.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
You may need to upgrade your injectors and possibly need a BAP. As stated above, it should add up to 4psi. The main battle with the lower is the heat, but it seems you have that taken care of. I'd talk to your tuner about the 93 oct. It may be fine, but they would know best and will tell you what the are comfortable tuning. Is this on a TVS or stock Eaton? What year is your car? The lower can definitely be worth it, but you've got to make sure you have your bases covered with the supporting equipment like stated above. Best prices would be in the market section on this forum but some tuners may charge to update your tune if you don't get it through them.

STACKZ89

Established Member
You may need to upgrade your injectors and possibly need a BAP. As stated above, it should add up to 4psi. The main battle with the lower is the heat, but it seems you have that taken care of. I'd talk to your tuner about the 93 oct. It may be fine, but they would know best and will tell you what the are comfortable tuning. Is this on a TVS or stock Eaton? What year is your car? The lower can definitely be worth it, but you've got to make sure you have your bases covered with the supporting equipment like stated above. Best prices would be in the market section on this forum but some tuners may charge to update your tune if you don't get it through them.

My car is a 2012 and its the stock Eaton blower. No port or throttle body, no headers just a x-pipe. I think I should be good on the fuel side considering I went with a 2.65 upper.?

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Datalog and see. You might be, but I think at a min you will need 56lb injectors. Only a datalog will tell. Why not do the TB and save for a TVS? Just curious.

Another option would be to call VMP and talk to them about your goals and what you are trying to do. They've done a ton of setups and could tell you exactly what you'll need.

Last edited:

STACKZ89

Established Member
I was told my stock injectors were enough I'm just curious if my steeda adjustable tensioner is enough and I don't need a 90mm idler... I looked up the steeda and I can't seem to find out if it's a 90 or not.. I'm pretty sure I need a 85.2 belt,

STACKZ89

Established Member
Datalog and see. You might be, but I think at a min you will need 56lb injectors. Only a datalog will tell. Why not do the TB and save for a TVS? Just curious.

Another option would be to call VMP and talk to them about your goals and what you are trying to do. They've done a ton of setups and could tell you exactly what you'll need.

Also my car will be on the dyno again so my tuner should be able to see right away if I need injectors or not..?

einehund

Established Member
I've got the IW 10% lower with a 2.59 upper. 123 JLT and the twin 65 CJTB. Makes plenty of power, and when i do end up switching to a tvs, the lower pulley will stay there; giving the TVS even more oompf!

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
Go with a 15% O/D. If you're a mod addict, you'll be glad you did later on if you stay with the stocker or TVS. JMO

Stripeless07

Established Member
I did the IW 10% a few months ago. Its a nice bump in power from the stock lower. It worked fine the first few times i got on it , but then belt slip started. I have a new vmp tensioner waiting to go on. Also make sure you do the thermostat, i learned the hard way leaving the stock 190 in doesnt work with all the heat generated from the lower. I have a afco duel pass and the car still gets to hot in traffic. I have a 170 tstat ready to go in with the tensioner this weekend. My main reason for buying it was to get rid of my 07 stock lower.

STACKZ89

Established Member
I did the IW 10% a few months ago. Its a nice bump in power from the stock lower. It worked fine the first few times i got on it , but then belt slip started. I have a new vmp tensioner waiting to go on. Also make sure you do the thermostat, i learned the hard way leaving the stock 190 in doesnt work with all the heat generated from the lower. I have a afco duel pass and the car still gets to hot in traffic. I have a 170 tstat ready to go in with the tensioner this weekend. My main reason for buying it was to get rid of my 07 stock lower.

What belt are u using? Brand/size..? And where do u go to get a good thermostat, I looked on lethal and AM and don't see any..?

Mainn

Established Member

Stripeless07

Established Member
What belt are u using? Brand/size..? And where do u go to get a good thermostat, I looked on lethal and AM and don't see any..?

When i bought the iw i got the kit from lethal with the belt and bolt included. Now i have the blue gates belt from ravan racing its a 85.3. Im upper 2.6 with a 90mm idiler and the 10% lower. The thermostat i ordered is the same one mentioned above. I got mine through lethal its in the cooling section. I ordered the tensioner from vmp. All these parts are going on tomorrow after work. Hopefully this solves the belt slip/ heat issues for me. Also doing the iw required notching a peice of casting that holds a sensor on the front of the block for clearance. I was able to do mine with a air powered small angle grider.

Users who are viewing this thread