Jack3d, Good Or Bad? What's Your Experience?

canibus

Established Member
This thread is a spin off from the "listen to your body" thread. After advice from people, I started noticing a pattern. Jack3d is ****ing people up. My experience with it has been normal. I go to the gym after a longs day work, and it wakes me back up. I don't feel like superman or bounce off the walls. It simply gives me the jump I need to get a good workout in after work. I did admit that i've been dizzy while hitting the bag, but I blame that on a poor diet. Those of you who use Jack3d, what is your experience with it? How often do you take it and how much. If infact it turns out that perhaps we shouldn't use it, what is a good alternative?

swordjr24

WNALOSE
Established Member
I use 1MR and absolutely love it. Gives me a good rush. I never really liked the jack3d when I used it. I didn't like the way it made me feel. Kinda dizzy/light headed? Anyways, I recommend 1MR

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
This thread is a spin off from the "listen to your body" thread. After advice from people, I started noticing a pattern. Jack3d is ****ing people up. My experience with it has been normal. I go to the gym after a longs day work, and it wakes me back up. I don't feel like superman or bounce off the walls. It simply gives me the jump I need to get a good workout in after work. I did admit that i've been dizzy while hitting the bag, but I blame that on a poor diet. Those of you who use Jack3d, what is your experience with it? How often do you take it and how much. If infact it turns out that perhaps we shouldn't use it, what is a good alternative?

Ive never used Jack3d, but with the supplements i do and have taken, a good diet and PLENTY of water is key. When people say they get effed up by it, they usually dont drink enough water or just have a shitty diet. People take supplements with no other change (burgers cokes and maybe a bottle of water) and want immediate rewards, it doesnt happen like that.

A shot in the dark but have you done any 5x5 training?

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Just read the listen to your body thread, and 23 hours a week is stupid way too much. Check out/join bodybuilding.com and read some of the pro weight lifters threads on diet and exercise. No where near 23 hours of training. They dedicate all their time to being healthy but you wont see 23 hours of exercise. Your body can only take so much before a rest period, and the pros know exactly when and how long to rest. Plenty of good reads and workouts on that site though.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
I love it, but I noticed that if I take 2 or more scoops I feel great during my workout, but afterward I stay jittery and its sometimes uncomfortable.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
5x5 is just 5 sets of 5 reps of calculated weight for each set. Each set gets heavier and you add minimum 10 pounds to the exercises per week. The 5th set should be 5 reps of the heaviest weight you can do and fail on the finish of the 5th rep. I was getting to where I would plateau with my exercises, found this Bodybuilding.com - What Is The Best 5x5 Workout That Will Produce Amazing Muscle Gain? and have seen great gains and results in my first month. The first 12 week program on that page is what im doing.

DKS2814V

Moderately Modified
Established Member
Never used Jack3d...so, read on, if you wish, from my own experience using these pre-workout drinks.

Pros:
Used NOXPlode. Stuff works. I would go into the gym 30-45 minutes after I took 1-2 scoops of the stuff (I don't drink a lot of caffeine), and would hit it pretty hard. I would say I could legitimately add 5-10lbs to any exercise (sometimes more), than I did before using the stuff, and would hammer through more sets than usual. My muscle fatigue came on a lot later than without taking the stuff. Overall, the stuff works but you have to ensure you drink water like crazy. For comparison's sake, I benched 185...and, within a month I was up to 215, and it was relatively easy. (I weighed 175 at the time...5'9-5'10)

Cons:
Holy shit, and in no way is there a pun intended. This stuff would make me hustle to the bathroom within 10 minutes of taking it. Brutal.....gaseous as hell too. I was worried that if I didn't drop 'em off before working out, I'd be cleaning shit off my leg after a good power clean, or dead lift. I'm serious....

The stuff CANNOT be taken with any other caffeinated supplement. I had a sweet-tea at lunch....lifted at 4pm. When I took the stuff, workout was f'ing fantastic....but, then on my drive home, I felt like I was having a stroke, or heart attack. Immediately pulled over. Scariest feeling in the world. My muscles all over my body cramped up, and I couldn't even open my hands to dial for an ambulance. Both arms went numb, and started getting really dizzy, and feeling like I was going to puke. Drank a little bit more water, and finally hands opened up, but now my entire body was numb. I started jogging around my truck just to try to get the blood flowing so I could make a phone call if necessary. Lesson learned? I don't touch anything with caffeine in it at least 24hrs before taking the stuff. Even chocolate. I've never been that scared....

Other bad side effects that I had: Technically, getting aroused was more difficult. Don't get me wrong, I could plow a coke can if it looked at me nicely....but, while using NOXplode, it was as if my brain wasn't putting blood where it was supposed to go. Weird feeling....this coming from a guy who had to switch to boxer briefs because only jeans weren't doing the trick...GNOMESAYIN?!? The stuff affects your unit, no question for me.

Also, when I took the stuff, I didn't get a good night's sleep for shit. I'd take it around 3pm....couldn't even get to sleep around midnight. Not good for muscle rest, that's for sure.

Overall, I recommend any kind of pre-workout drink initially, but only if you're eating healthy, and drinking 100+oz of water per day. (I would drink 120 easily in a day just to ensure I was flushing my body constantly)

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Moderation and like Al said listen to your body. I havnt used jack3 but have used nitric oxide in other supps. Currently using bronkaid (ephedrine),caffeine and aspirin for energy and fat loss at a low dose, not for the novice. I suggest you monitor your heart rate while training. I back off my intensity once my HR reaches threshold (180~190). It's a good 60$ insurance for the inner chest pump. Been training for 13~14 years off and on but mostly on :). Good Luck and stay safe.

96svtdriver

Established Member
Apparently, it makes people pop for meth on a drug test too. It's been recommended that we military people stay away from it. That was a few months back and I don't know if they ever narrowed it down to Jack3D though. They never explicitly banned it to my knowledge from military using it. Everyone's right though, that stuff makes me jittery too even well after the workout.

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse

My experience with it as well, minus the dizzy part.

It did upset the stomach a bit sometimes depending what I had recently eaten.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
i've never taken workout supplements, but seen first hand what they can do to the body. i used to work out 6-7 times/week in college/grad school, but have had to back off to 2-3/week as family/career have taken precedence. eat healthy, get plenty of rest, and minimize the toxins/garbage you put into your body--and you'll end up saving tons of money, as well as expensive hospital bills when you go into renal failure, have a seizure, or cardiac arrest. the world is full of clowns who show up to the gym with duffel bags big enough for a body, gallons of water, 2-3 supplements, working out in wrestling shoes, and basically grunting and screaming like they're giving birth with every set. thank god i don't have to work out in a gym like that anymore.

Last edited:

PureStang

Established Member
I use Jack3d. anywhere between 1 to 2 scoops. The only side affect that i experience is unable to fall asleep some nights. But that only occurs if i take it after 6 pm. Otherwise, i have no ill effects from it.

cinch1985

Established Member
I use jack3d. I have tried 1 Mr new and old formula, super pump Max and no explode. Jack3d is the best by far. No crash no effects owhen u stop taking it. Has the best feeling too.

gksingh

Established Member
Well I workout early morning from 4:45am to 6:30 am 6 days a week. Its the only time I get because from 8am to 8:30pm I am at work

I use 1MR and thats only on the day when I'm tired or when I'm doing Chest. I hate working on the Chest. My Favourite workout is Back.

I tried Jacked and it didn't really do anything for me to be honest. I had to take three scoops to actually get an effect. One Scoop of 1Mr works wonders.

But your diet is what plays a key role in making good gains. When I didn't eat properly and took pre-workout supplements I crashed randomly. I hated the feeling

Last edited:

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
You mean you people get jittery or dizzy after taking in a shitload of caffeine and 1,3-Dimethylamylamine at one time? Who would have thought!

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member

Taken it once and hated it. Made me completely jittery. I use NOShotgun now and I like it way better, doesn't give me the shakes and I've never noticed a need to use more than one scoop.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Does nothing for me.

Eat two to three scoops and I feel nothing.

Going to MP assault next go around.

Users who are viewing this thread