Jaguar S-Type R vs Audi R8

Digital

Established Member
So I picked up a low mile 07' Jaguar S-Type R because I needed a 4 door car. Took delivery last week and went out on a drive when I encountered a Audi R8 which I'm assuming was the v8 version considering how the rest of the story goes.

He was playful on the highway and we lined up, he nailed it around 70 and I put on chase, after a slight pull of about 3/4 car I was bringing him back and walkin past him around a buck twenty five.
We did that a couple times with pretty much the same result. I'd have him by a car or more by ~130.
Wasn't optimal traffic conditions but was fun none the less. Needless to say I enjoy the new grocery getter.

(bonus story)

There was a 05' CBR600 on the local streets on the way home and he was eyeing my ride and rev'd at me so I nailed it and he struggled to catch up.. but when he did.. he brought it up on 1 wheel and gave me the thumbs up as he wheelied by... lol

Last edited:

executiV

Established Member
Both have approximately 400 horses correct? Sounds about right.

I always thought that N/A 4.2 had no place in the R8, just doesn't seem exotic. Nice pick-up on the Jag though, rarer than the E55, S6, and v8 M5 I believe. Any mods planned?

Digital

Established Member

I always thought that N/A 4.2 had no place in the R8, just doesn't seem exotic. Nice pick-up on the Jag though, rarer than the E55, S6, and v8 M5 I believe. Any mods planned?

Yeah both are within 20hp and 300lbs of each other. They only made ~4000 of the S-Type Rs in the US and about ~300 in 07'. I'd like to swap a KB on it and get over 500rwhp through the automatic but probably just intake and exhaust mods for a while to make it louder and cosmetic crap.

Digital

Established Member
Nice kill. Any pics of the jag?

5xv1tz.jpg

250o9at.jpg

2v2v6rr.jpg

really?

i love em personally

People either love it or think it's meh. But most think it's unique and like it that I've run into.

Last edited:

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I always thought Ford should of done this with the Lincoln LS. Instead of just letting that promising platform just wither away to nothing. Just goes to show you how an unassuming platform can be turned into a totally different animal.

I only seen one of these Jaguar type R's didn't know what was next to me in 2009 until it blew past me in the Lightning when the light turned green. I was totally caught napping and deserved it though.

kaz109

Established Member

The 4.2 is still exotic because of the package it is in. That car is with either motor is just a dream to drive. It lives up to the exotic name whether it is a 4.2 or 5.2 ......very few cars are as well balanced as an R8

Users who are viewing this thread