Jeff and his CPR turbo kit

CPRsm

Here is Jeff's panty dropper.
BMR goodies to come out back. Arms up front w bags on the way to get it down.
Stock engine w OPGs, stock auto w a 4b (I LIKE!!), and welded rear axle tubes. Pretty basic combo w a base CPR turbo kit.

image_14.jpg

Tune remoted in for some AED Kung Fu
Conservative 610/540 on roughly 7psi
A little more fun on E85. 760/640 on about 10.
image_13.jpg

And a little fun testing the stall speed on the converter
[video] https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2-sfkIM5vxc[/video]

CPRsm

Thems blower problem lol. Less at the crank for the same Rwhp. That's not to run around all the time though. Just ran the tune up there. But we haven't seen a stock engine go in the 7-750rwhp range yet.

Shaun@AED

lb/min of airflow via data log on the above 760RWHP run showed about the same as a 660RWHP TVS A6 on E85, and ~10lb/min less than we see with typical Paxtons on the 3.8" pulley.

78lbs per min /8 cylinders = 9.75lbs of air per cylinder per minute in the above turbo data log.
VS
86lbs per min / 8 cylinders = 10.75lbs of air per cylinder per minute, roughly 10% more air and therefore 10% more power each cylinder is producing, but it does not all go to the tires. The blower takes a lot of HP to turn.

IE, the turbo engine is using less air and making less HP per cylinder but producing more power at the flywheel/rear wheels because the turbo does no take nearly as much power to turn as a blower. (efficiency)

CPRsm

We used the dual hat setup we were trying to get together. Had to put it all together by hand since we can't find any reliable resources to finish the parts we need to make the systems available.

How's the drive ability with that 4B? Been thinking of going 4 instead of 3
Not bad. W the steep gearing of the tranny the car takes off really easy, and not much load needed. So it doesn't stall very hard unless you hit it hard.

Jeez man... Just rub it in my face why don't you.

Mah fault, mah fault lol.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
lb/min of airflow via data log on the above 760RWHP run showed about the same as a 660RWHP TVS A6 on E85, and ~10lb/min less than we see with typical Paxtons on the 3.8" pulley.

78lbs per min /8 cylinders = 9.75lbs of air per cylinder per minute in the above turbo data log.
VS
86lbs per min / 8 cylinders = 10.75lbs of air per cylinder per minute, roughly 10% more air and therefore 10% more power each cylinder is producing, but it does not all go to the tires. The blower takes a lot of HP to turn.

IE, the turbo engine is using less air and making less HP per cylinder but producing more power at the flywheel/rear wheels because the turbo does no take nearly as much power to turn as a blower. (efficiency)

any power adder coyote will max out the MAF lb/min reading if pushed. Also have to assume these lb/min aren't exactly accurate being that the MAF must be tuned for each given set up. Pulling fuel out of the MAF (or adding for that matter) in order to achieve good drivability and WOT power will somewhat skew the actual reading wont it? Or is the lb/min reading an actual, correct, number?

Im assuming the turbo car gave the 78 lb/min reading while the blower car showed 86?

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

any power adder coyote will max out the MAF lb/min reading if pushed. Also have to assume these lb/min aren't exactly accurate being that the MAF must be tuned for each given set up. Pulling fuel out of the MAF (or adding for that matter) in order to achieve good drivability and WOT power will somewhat skew the actual reading wont it? Or is the lb/min reading an actual, correct, number?

Im assuming the turbo car gave the 78 lb/min reading while the blower car showed 86?

Given the same airflow model, injector data, and fuel trims it's a valid comparison. I've tuned so many the data is consistent.
11:1 compression stock heads/cams (good) Turbo setup on E85 produces 10X the lb/min as RWHP.

Something to think about for those reviewing their Boosted data logs....

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That's exactly right (rwhp is usually equal to lb/min x10) which is why I asked the guru.

Just wanted to be sure the MAF resding on this platform was trustworthy.

I'm logging mid 60s on 7 psi which I thought might be a little optimistic.... Guess not!

Pretty neat stuff.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Very impressive graph, no doubt your kit makes good power dustin. Looking forward to seeing how the 4B does at the track.

corysmach1

Established Member
Killer power on E85! I like the idea of a single kit better than twins. I'm a stick car though (Magnum Swapped). From what I have seen turbo stick cars don't do well.

Last edited:

justinsstang

Established Member
My paxton with 3.33 pulley wastegated at 10psi has a maf lb/min of 86.69 at 6350rpm and holds to 7k steady because of the wastegate lol.

Also my load now peaks at 2.06

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread