Jetta GTL

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Anyone own one of these cars? I'm thinking of trading in my Fusion sport for one. Carmax is offering me a very good value on the sport and I can get 15% off msrp on the VW because of employee purchase.

I've had the Fusion for 4 years and would like to have a new car again. Smaller sedan, sporty, and fun to drive. I figured with getting top dollar for my car and to be able to purchase the new car at sucks big discount I can't go wrong.

Edit: If a moderator could please edit the title from GTi to GLI. Thanks!

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
**** that.

I cringed when and VW or BMW pulled up to the shop office.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
No not joking. My sport is Paid off, has 54k miles because I drove 18k miles per year, now I drive about 3k miles per year. The Fusion is going to need tires, brakes, and other maitnence soon.

With $5k off on the GLI in a time when most new cars sell for sticker or we'll above its not a bad deal. Heck most car lots have no new cars let alone any kind of deal....and I'm in the industry. The money difference is minimal after my trade in.

I know the GLi is not the coolest car out there but it's not bad looking, fairly fun to drive, and I can service it where I work. I figure if I don't like it I can sell it on the lot and move on.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
No not joking. My sport is Paid off, has 54k miles because I drove 18k miles per year, now I drive about 3k miles per year. The Fusion is going to need tires, brakes, and other maitnence soon.

With $5k off on the GLI in a time when most new cars sell for sticker or we'll above its not a bad deal. Heck most car lots have no new cars let alone any kind of deal....and I'm in the industry. The money difference is minimal after my trade in.

I know the GLi is not the coolest car out there but it's not bad looking, fairly fun to drive, and I can service it where I work. I figure if I don't like it I can sell it on the lot and move on.
I know 3 people that have them and one has had 3 and a GTI. All love them and wouldn't hesitate recommending them. The newest GLI is pretty slick and the only thing you'd miss is the AWD launches from the Fusion Sport.

Established Member
You are talking about a driver, not a sports car, so if the money makes sense, do it.

What are the numbers? If they are giving you 20K or more for the fusion and you can get into a brand new vw for not much more, why not. If you are paying 10K, probably not.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
You are talking about a driver, not a sports car, so if the money makes sense, do it.

What are the numbers? If they are giving you 20K or more for the fusion and you can get into a brand new vw for not much more, why not. If you are paying 10K, probably not.

Money difference is about $7,500. Not sure if I would finance or pay cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1slo5ohh

Established Member
I've got a 2017 gli that I only use to and from work and I've got no complaints. Gets good enough gas mileage and fun enough to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread