JLT 2015 Mustang EcoBoost Intake CAD Drawings

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Our friends at JLT sent us over some CAD drawings of their upcoming intake for the 2.3L EcoBoost powered 2015 Mustang. Rumor has it that this intake, in combination with a tune, will produce a massive torque increase. Could we see bolt-on EcoBoost Mustangs putting down more power than their Coyote powered brothers? We'll be able to let you know in few weeks.

JLT_EcoBoost_Prototype_01.jpg

JLT_EcoBoost_Prototype_02.jpg

-SID297:beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
What's with the restrictor? Is the intake tube really that much larger in diameter than the throttle body?

Voltwings

Established Member
Nope, its just because its a tiny turbo. Most stock turbos only have like 2" inlets. We were going up to 3.5" intakes and still seeing gains on the Ms3 stock turbo though, i wouldnt be surprised seeing 4" + intake options for this car before too long. Looks like JLT learned from their 5.0 and started using a reducer-coupler instead of tapering the intake down.

Tucker

Well, I didn't see this thread, thanks Sid.

The Turbo inlet is 2.25", so we meet up with that, but we all know this little beast will have a bigger turbo on it soon so we added a 4" step. Simply cut off the reduction and add a 4" coupler or 4-? reducer depending on the turbo used. DONE, only one intake to buy!

Thanks
Jay

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Could we see bolt-on EcoBoost Mustangs putting down more power than their Coyote powered brothers? We'll be able to let you know in few weeks.-SID297:beer:

Not likely due to the size of the factory turbo. That said, factory turbo'd vehicles are typically a big step ahead of their N/A counterparts in many ways.... platforms that are already turbo'd allow end user to make BIG power relatively easily and for less $$ than the N/A boys.

There are LOTS of exciting things to come from this model.... cant wait.

BMR Tech

Awesome stuff.

Good design feature Jay, I really dig it.

Hopefully, I will have something of the JLT variety that works on my '15 GT with the TVS.

popeye010

Established Member
What will be sad is that no matter how well it performs countless people with turn sour once they see its a 4 cylinder. I do a lot of fun stuff with this 3.7 and the previous 4.0 and everyone says why not do an 8. I do the 6 because it's different. The 2.3 maybe a great package but so many will never give it anything more than a look of disgust. I myself am hoping they do a lightweight SVO variant. Stripped down bare bones factory car. Either way enough bitching I'll enjoy the flood of tech for this platform

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What will be sad is that no matter how well it performs countless people with turn sour once they see its a 4 cylinder. I do a lot of fun stuff with this 3.7 and the previous 4.0 and everyone says why not do an 8. I do the 6 because it's different. The 2.3 maybe a great package but so many will never give it anything more than a look of disgust. I myself am hoping they do a lightweight SVO variant. Stripped down bare bones factory car. Either way enough bitching I'll enjoy the flood of tech for this platform

The problem is there's not a lot of weight to easily and cheaply strip out.

Users who are viewing this thread