JLT CAI or JLT high boost CAI

hey11101

Established Member
Thinking of getting CAI not sure which one to go with out of the two. The car has the stock supercharger, tune, pulley on it now but in the future I want to get 2.9 whipple or 3.4 we will see. The cobra is not DD only sunny day type of car so I do want to get the most hp out of the intake and be able to use it when I put the whipple on it in the future. Does the high boost need to be tuned after the install and the regular CAI does not ?

cbradley49

Established Member
The high boost requires a new MAF, like an SCT ba2400 and a tune. With the regular CAI you can get away without a tune. I'm pretty sure u wouldn't wanna pay for an intake, a $250 Maf and a $500 tune for just an intake...

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
You can upgrade in steps. I bought the JLT CAI UPGRADE kit for $189. I have a Pro-M MAF to either attach to the end of the CAI or mount the Pro-M into the CAI and have it re-calibrated. This way when you get you Whipple you can just add the SCT MAF to the CAI and get it tuned.

hey11101

Established Member
Yea I will just get the regular one for now then I guess, hopefully I can feel the difference after the CAI. Going to get it on dec 14 with that sale going on.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Jay at JLT highly recommends (more on the verge of flat out saying yes) a re-tune if going to a high boost cai! My tune was off quite a bit when i went from a RAI to a High Boost cai

Users who are viewing this thread