JLT intake help!

01silverstang

Established Member
So two weeks ago I purchased my current car a 2003 Mach 1 with a 2003 Cobra engine swap...

The engine had a home made intake consisting of rubber pipe fitting, a pvc pipe, and a 12 in skinny filter.

I decided to remove it and intall a JLT Ram Air, for safety purposes as well as improved looks. However there were some slight issues, and I haven't been able to find anything when I search for answers. JLT's website has nothing, the e-mail JLT listed for issues with install answered none of my questions and just repeated information I already new, so I turn to SVTperformance once again for help and assistance.

The intake came with the 4 inch pipe with three holes in it, one for IAT, one for the Breather tube from the valve cover, and one for a vacuum line. I connected the tiny hose to the gromment, not sure if this was IAT or Vaccum. There is a larger open hold on the bottom that has nothing in it as I could find nothing to connect. Finally there is a grommet for the breather tube, however I have a line running to a catch can.

The engine appears to have EGR and AIR Pump deleted, I'm not sure if this factors into one of the missing lines? I need to figure out the safest way to plug the unused holes so no unmetered air is entering the engine, and so sand dust etc. can enter the untake unfiltered.

Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread