jlt ram air intake w/ shaker vs true cold air intake

My2003Mach1

Established Member
The way I see it.. the whole purpose of the mach 1 is the shaker.. honestly.. no other car in this world has a cool looking thing on the hood that actually works... the camaro hood is pretty gay (not trying to offend any homos here driving camaros).. but I think the engine will love life when you're on the freeway blowing in cold air during the winter season.. What Monster Mach said...looks better and it definitely doesn't look like a giant whale penis going into the fender.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well said .. your funny ...

xXAzureMach1Xx

Established Member
yes the shaker does nothing but.. for some reason i was having turbulence issues with my maf?? :shrug: wonder what air was getting to the maf that was causeing this issue?

Did you have a stock intake tube or aftermarket? The aftermarket intake don't come with a screen infront of the maf to help mix the air to get a better reading for the maf. Why some of the machs with aftermarket intake will die when pushing in the clutch after driving when coming to a stop. I made my own with some metal screen.

smitty2919

Established Member
Did you have a stock intake tube or aftermarket? The aftermarket intake don't come with a screen infront of the maf to help mix the air to get a better reading for the maf. Why some of the machs with aftermarket intake will die when pushing in the clutch after driving when coming to a stop. I made my own with some metal screen.

^Yup what he said. I had the same issue.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
Are you retarded? Take the plastic part off that connects from the shaker onto the air filter and tell me how clean your filter is compared to the fender side. :??:

Are you saying that it sucks in more dirt?

Air is drawn in thru the shaker but not enough (or cold enough) to make any difference in e.t. or hp.

You need to lighten up. Your responses often begin with "are you retarded," and that type of response is usually given by one that isn't a brainiac themself. So, to come off as a smarter person try responding likewise.

4v_mach1

Established Member
Are you saying that it sucks in more dirt?

Air is drawn in thru the shaker but not enough (or cold enough) to make any difference in e.t. or hp.

You need to lighten up. Your responses often begin with "are you retarded," and that type of response is usually given by one that isn't a brainiac themself. So, to come off as a smarter person try responding likewise.

LMAOOOO! Go buy a camaro. I'm over this thread. Let me just remove my shaker and put on a GT hood since it makes no difference.
JLT is better have a nice day

Last edited:

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
LMAOOOO! Go buy a camaro. I'm over this thread. Let me just remove my shaker and put on a GT hood since it makes no difference. JLT is better have a nice day

I can show you dyno graphs that prove the JLT CAI and RAI add no power. Your car may feel faster after buying one but it's only because your wallet is lighter.

A shaker adds power? Please. You drank the kool-aid didn't ya.

Oh, if I want to go faster and quicker for less cash I'll buy a camaro, until then I'll do it the hard way.

I'm over this thread.
By far the best thing you've said yet.:banana:

Last edited:

cobra916

Established Member

i was just making a joke with my comment.. i do think the shaker does do a lil something at higher speeds (reason my maf was tripping).. but yes i did have a rai without a screen..and i had issues.. put in a screen and still had issues sometimes.. the last thing that worked in combination with screen was switching back to stock arm.. this worked because it changes the angle of how the filter sits.. rai is very straight..makes shaker connection sit right on top of the filter.. rams air in.. goofs up the maf... with stock arrm the angle in the arm makes the filter sit flat so there is a air gap of about 2-3 inches.. so it doesnt have the same ramming effect per se.. now maf is happy on windy or highway speeds.

Last edited:

4v_mach1

Established Member
A shaker adds power? Please. You drank the kool-aid didn't ya.

excuse your last post, nobody said anything about the shaker adding power, but your buddy did mention that the shaker does nothing when clearly hes wrong. The shaker draws in air even a 7 year old could figure that out. Who said anything about horsepower? The fact is the SHAKER WORKS it doesn't "NOT WORK" it clearly WORKS LOL

and to make you feel better I don't drink kool-aid, but you could coke down my Jack Daniels.

smitty2919

Established Member
4V_mach1 either you are older and quite immature, or you are really showing your young age here. Yes the damn shaker brings air in, but I would think people in this thread would have the common sense to understand that when people say "it doesn't do anything" they mean it does nothing PRODUCTIVE for HP gains. This whole thread was based on what was "better" for performance.

You gotta relax. You might as well go get a GT hood and remove the shaker. Dyno it before and after you do this then come back and show me your massive HP losses because of the GT hood...

I often wonder what people have for a background before opening their mouth online saying they know all....I would believe na svt based simply on his reputation on more than just this board. Venture father than this board and you might learn some things lol. Or better yet go take some mechanical engineering classes and it may do you some good, primarily some Fluids dynamics

4v_mach1

Established Member
4V_mach1 either you are older and quite immature, or you are really showing your young age here. Yes the damn shaker brings air in, but I would think people in this thread would have the common sense to understand that when people say "it doesn't do anything" they mean it does nothing PRODUCTIVE for HP gains.

:bored::bored::bored::bored:

smitty2919

Established Member
:bored::bored::bored::bored:

Good response...no comeback huh.

OP go buy one if you want, it's your car so believe whoever you want. But when you don't see hp gains don't complain because you opted to listen to uneducated people you have no idea who they are on a car forum.

You have to do your own research in more than one place online. That goes gor ANY mod done to our cars.

People have reported and dyno'd a tad over 300 rwhp from just a catback, K&N filter swap and a tune.

2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Owner's Club & Registry Website is a good place for info. I suggest you read on there as well.

4valvemach

Established Member
OP go buy one if you want, it's your car so believe whoever you want. But when you don't see hp gains don't complain because you opted to listen to uneducated people you have no idea who they are on a car forum.

You have to do your own research in more than one place online. That goes gor ANY mod done to our cars.

People have reported and dyno'd a tad over 300 rwhp from just a catback, K&N filter swap and a tune.

2003-2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Owner's Club & Registry Website is a good place for info. I suggest you read on there as well.

So are you saying that the JLT does not increase performance at all?

Ive had my car for almost 5yrs and went from a paper filter to K&N drop in and FELT no difference in throttle response.I then removed the shaker tube from the air filter housing and the rubber snorkel.Still no real difference in throttle response or pull maybe some but not OMFG increase.Placed a order for the JLT RAI installed it and COULD FEEL A HUGE DIFFERENCE in throttle response and pull of the car.

:shrug:

Last edited:

4v_mach1

Established Member
So are you saying that the JLT does not increase performance at all?

Ive had my car for almost 5yrs and went from a paper filter to K&N drop in and FELT no difference in throttle response.I then removed the shaker tube from the air filter housing and the rubber snorkel.I could KINDA feel a difference as the car hit about 3k rpms.Placed a order for the JLT RAI installed it and COULD FEEL A HUGE DIFFERENCE in throttle response and pull.

:shrug:

No man you're wrong. Apparently the JLT intake makes no power difference between a drop in filter. I guess American Muscle is lying to me about the huge difference it makes. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread