JMS/Roush Yates EcoBoost Parts

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 JMS & Roush Yates Partnership Featured.jpg
To the Max
Roush Yates teams up with JMS for plug ’n play EcoBoost power gains
By Steve Turner

If you are in the Mustang world, you are no doubt familiar with JMS Chip & Performance’s line of performance products. Likewise, if you are at all attuned to the world of EcoBoost Performance, you know about Roush Yates. It is the company responsible for building the race-ready EcoBoost 3.5-liter engine that powers Ford Performance’s Daytona Prototype racers and will eventually power the Ford GT.
Continue reading →

04SloSnake

Its just an Eaton
Established Member
This is the first time I have seen results from the JMS offerings and I am impressed. Glad to see more progress in the EB platform.

whooshified

Established Member
I don't understand the need for a pedal max on an ecoboost
There is no turbo lag in stock form
And for the Boostmax, the EB Mustang is known to hit overboost or limp mode when just increasing boost with out changing certain tables with a tuning device such as the Cobb AP

just my .02

Last edited:

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
I don't understand the need for a pedal max on an ecoboost
There is no turbo lag in stock form
And for the Boostmax, the EB Mustang is known to hit overboost or limp mode when just increasing boost with out changing certain tables with a tuning device such as the Cobb AP

just my .02

They had a 80hp gain over stock with no tuning. Im curious how it works but considering who its from Id believe them.

When you consider this is a stock EcoBoost Roush with a axle-back exhaust and a stock calibration, these gains are quite impressive. By simply plugging in the BoostMax and PedalMax, this car picked up 82.42 horsepower and 88.4 lb-ft of torque!

Edit: After looking at it some more, the boost max mounts between the map and ecu along with some other sensors I cant read. I wonder if it is spoofing the ecu while acting as an all in one maf extender/boost a pump. Their website seems to imply this.
The Plug & Play digital product is designed to work in sync with OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) sensors that control fuel, spark and timing within the factory powertrain control system.
Its a nice work around when your limiting factor is the ECU but you don't want to go with a full aftermarket ecu. Wonder if they will do something similar for older motors.

Users who are viewing this thread