John Force Heated Arguement with Tony Pedregon Indy US Nationals 2009

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
:dw:

Do you have any idea how much money rides on his decisions...?

I think being a boss man overshadows his personal competitiveness 10 fold...

Anyone got a video of the race he supposedly threw?

watch the whole vid...catch up on the whole situation

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5aE7ZDKfJA"]YouTube - John Force More conterversy VS Robert Hight Indy US Nationals 2009[/ame]

Prodigy SVT

Established Member
I'm a big Force fan, and if he did throw the race, more power to him! Why would he let a competitors team advance into the countdown and at the same time knock out one of his own car's, when he could eliminate Pedregon and get his 3rd team car into the countdown as a result. It's like they say, kill 2 birds with 1 stone and that's what he did. They do this stuff all the time in Formula 1 and Nascar, it's called "Team Orders". It just so happens that the boss of the team was driving the car this time. Pedregon is an asshole and a soar loser. He is just jealous of Team Force and Pedregon would have done the same thing if he had the chance too. He got spanked by Ashley in the right lane so that put's that whole theory out the window because obviously the right lane was working fine for her. NHRA should fine Pedregon for starting that b.s. He was trying to take away from Ashley's accomplishment and was embarrassed he got whipped by a chick in a Ford in the "slower lane". I felt bad for her, she was just standing there shaking her head. Oh well, too bad Sledregon!

61mmstang94

Established Member
Whether he lost on purpose or not makes no difference to me. Yeah, we like to see guys going balls-to-the-wall every time, but just like any game, racing takes strategy and smart thinking to be successful. Racing teams have multiple cars to take car of and this was their strategy. If they can lose races on purpose and still have all their cars in the chase then maybe the other guys should quit bitching like pussies and worry about winning the most races they can themselves so it won't effect them.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Tony and Cruz are nothing but a bunch of jealous crybabies!! :whine:

Cruz had his chance to take care of business but John 'put him on the trailer'.!! If he would have beat John then HE could have raced Robert Hight, with the winner of that race getting the final spot in the 'Countdown to 1'.

Since that didn't happen he put his fate in someone else's hand, too bad that was John Force. John did what he did for the better of the team as was said earlier!

Ashley kicked Tony's butt in the semi's and then beat Robert in the finals to become the 1st woman to win a Funny Car race at the US Nationals!!

Congrats Ashley !!!! :beer: and F!@# the Pedregon brothers!!!!

393Bird

Seniors Gone Wild
Established Member
Ashley is lucky she got her looks from mother, and her driving skills from her father. Just think if it was reversed. :)

Jmccormick

TERMN8D
Established Member
Ashley is lucky she got her looks from mother, and her driving skills from her father. Just think if it was reversed. :)

Lori is not so hot man. maybe she is just too old for me. but DAYAMN the 3 daughters are hot.

did anyone know there is a 4th daughter. she is married to Robert Hight.

DUMBASS

Banned
Lori is not so hot man. maybe she is just too old for me. but DAYAMN the 3 daughters are hot.

did anyone know there is a 4th daughter. she is married to Robert Hight.

pretty sure she is from a different mother. she is not very attractive and looks nothing like the other 3.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
you guys are forgetting the other two Force daughters that run in the top alcohol class!!! Doing damn well for themselves, too!

Ashley, just to refresh your memory:

NHRAdriverAshleyForcenamedhottestat.jpg

Brittany:

brittany-force-4.jpg

And the hottest, IMO, Courtney:

courtney.jpg

Stalker27

Established Member
Force has been throwing races for a long time now & Tony knows this more than anyone since he was in that camp for a while & was asked, i mean told to throw some races.

It's one thing if his wheels were up & the car darted that way but you could clearly see the tires on the ground driving the car over to the wall.

I undersatnd why he did it by helping Hight out by points but damn this shit is getting out of hand & they won't do anything to Force. Hell even Mike Dunn thinks he threw the race & should be fined by reacting the way he did toward Tony

jumperjack

Established Member
Sometimes you have to loose one of the battles to win the war. I have been following John Force and been an avid fan of his for more then 20 years. While John is a fierce competitor he is a business man and as such he has to make decisions on what he thinks is the greater benefit to JFR. If I had been in his shoes I would have done the same thing. Professional drag racing is a business and while almost all that are involved got started because of the love of the sport they are all looking to make money. Cruz had his chance to stay in the tenth spot but his team blew it on the set up for his car and he smoked the tires and lost. So as for blaming John why doesn't he look at the fact that had he won that race he would have been running Robert Hight. If you want to be the champion again then rely on yourself, your car and your team to put you in a better position then to have to rely on someone else getting you in.

HisPony

Established Member
Tony has no reason the bitch, whine and moan about what John did.

My wife and I attended the 2007 Fall race at Vegas, Cruz layed over for Tony so Tony would advance another round and gain points to eventually win the Championship that year.

The Pedregons were LOUDLY booed when they came up the return road.

Do I condone what happened? No

I just feel that paybacks are a bitch!!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Being a drag racer and even working on adding a 2nd car to our team I have a tough time with what happened yesterday.

First off I am a HUGE Hight/jimmy prock fan. I'm also a fan of Force. I think Tony Pedrigon is hell of a driver and nice guy. So I'm conflicted by all that happened.

IMO yes John throw that race for Robert(knew ashley was going to win also) Was it right from a team POV yes. From a Sportsman POV HELL NO!!! When Tony drove for them they would set tonys car up on kill so it would either run a killer number or would blow the tires off.

To go off another tangent. If the NHRA hadn't messed up the points system a few years back you wouldn't have had to worry about this stuff. The year before they inacted the whole DA nascar "countdown" phillosiphy. We had the closets points chase in NHRA history in T/F dragster. Tony Shumacher had to win the last 2 events and set a ET/MPH record and back it up to win. He did!!! The only class that a racer had the championship sowed up was Pro Stock with Greg Anderson. I hate that the NMRA lets you drop your worst race and not count that against you in points.

outlawphotoguy

Established Member
I dont really care if he did or didn't intentionally do anyting, if I were him, with all his accomplishments and more importantly all his pressures of late with the shi**y economy BS and the pressure from sponsors, and his OWN blood pressure.. LOL.. I would have done something to 'help' the other car to win, maybe not as obvious as driving it straight to the wall but I love the Force operation and this does not sway me either way. I do agree with others and do not have a very high respect for the Pedregrons. I have seen their BS in the past and they do not have much ground to stand on.

Another point I want to make is about a comment one of the Pedregons made about the 'Big' guys being able to manipulate the results of a race and how he is a 'small guy' against the 'big' guys............... HOLY SHIZZZ DUDE!!!!!

'ANY' full sponsored, Top Fuel Funny Car team that runs AND qualifys in every race in the whole season is a **BIG** team ......... I know some of the 'small' teams that qualify every now and then and it is such a big deal when they do it makes me sick when a 'BIG' team says they are a 'small' team (boo hoo) and the 'BIG' teams suck.......
WAAAAAAaaaaaa............. wipe the sand outta your pu**y and try and beat a girl, oh yeah, she whooped your ass........HAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahahhhaaaa........:beer::lol::rockon::banana::shrug::beer::beer::rolling::bash::bowdown::bowdown::dancenana:

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
the way i see it anyone can choose whether to win or lose at anytime. thats part of being on a team in motorsports events.People often help their team out whether is is a draft to the front in nascar or whatever. Don't like it then find a new game.

LOL

You pay to play, as the saying goes.

If John has a team capable of putting him in a position where a loss is a win, then more power to him. Maybe the Pedregon boys should get their heads out of their butts, so that they too, can be in that kind of position. The PedreGONEs are acting like John and his team didn't earn everything they got.

Bingo, I think the Pedro's are more pissed off at the fact that he's managed to field a team of drivers all in the chase than anything else. Perhaps if they would have gotten their shit together earlier this season they wouldn't be on the outside looking in and be bitching. If they were already in the chase nothing would have been said. Life isn't fair, we all know it and you can't change it so get over it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Can't point the finger at one or two NHRA teams, or even a Nascar team. Racing is BIG business and the biggest goal is to make money. Sponsors demand it! It would be the rare team in any race sport that DOESN'T bend the rules/cheat where and when necessary. Haven't we learned anything from the steroids scandal in baseball? John and his daughters are still #1 in my book!!

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
Anyone watch the Richmond race yesterday? Tony accussed John of throwing his first round race against Robert after Tony got whipped by Mike Neff.

I feel if he wants to throw a race thats his choice especially to help your team. In NASCAR you see teammates drafting each other, but not helping the cars they are close to in points. Tony is just mad his brother didn't make the countdown and he is loosing to Team Force! John is a badass I've met him!

Users who are viewing this thread