John Force Heated Arguement with Tony Pedregon Indy US Nationals 2009

03DOHC

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B3xZzO_74E"]YouTube - John Force Heated Arguement with Tony Pedregon Indy US Nationals 2009[/ame]

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Tony said John got out of the groove on purpose to let his Team mate robert hite win and put him top on points. He also said that force has been doing this for a long time. Odd since tony used to drive for john lol. Ive never been a fan of tony's or his brother.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I noticed Tony didn't mention the fact of when he drove for Force, both cars were under the same sponsor and his[Tony's] was a developement/test car. It was understood if and when Tony came up against another Force car he was to lose in most situations. The cars are sponsored by 2 different companies now. I wouldn't put money on it that he ditched on purpose, but it sure looked like it to an extent. I can't blame him either way, he owns both cars and he is there to make money. His job is to support the team and keep sponsors happy. The team as a whole has done as well as usual for the last 2 years even with 4 cars. Between John getting hurt, losing Eric in Florida, last year was just bad. They are starting to come around this year, but to say they have cheated all the way is harsh. Considering they have 4 cars in the same class you think they would win more often.

Last edited:

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
LOL!!! My Kid kicked your ass!!!! Would have loved it more if he said My little Girl kicked your ass.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Tony can cry and accuse all he wants, Ashley kicked his butt big time. And I don't think he liked that at all. Bye bye Tony! You may now join Kyle Busch in the Whiner's Tent.

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I happen to follow this stuff pretty closely, watch it every time it's on and in my humble opinion, I do believe Force "messed up" on purpose.

I love the guy, have always thought the best of him and what he's not only personally accomplished but what he's done for the sport.

To correct another poster, the race between him and Hight where he "messed up" was to help get Hight into the NHRA chase, not to move him to the top of the points. Hight was on the bubble to get into the chase and the only way for him to GET into the chase was to make it to the final round in yesterday's event. John owns four cars in his Force racing team and 3 of them were already in...he was trying to get Hight in as again, he was on the bubble.

So, since John and his daughter were already in the chase, the only way to get Hight in the chase was to have him win over the race with John himself.

Before the race even started, both the commentators and Tony and Cruz themselves were stating that John would bascially lose on purpose. Which doesn't help because that just pretty much makes it look bad if and when it happens

Well, sure enough, once the race started...John lost.

NHRA officials looked into it and found nothing wrong with car set up, nothing wrong with the data the car logged (meaning did John's team lower the performance of the car, etc)

But...if you look at some facts, it's pretty compelling.
1) John's average reaction time off the line is .082 seconds...he pulled a .202...slow
2) Hights average time is .089...he pulled a .124 (or something similar...cant recall this one exactly) but folks were accusing him of being that slow to ensure he didn't redlight
3) If you look at the film, John immediatly turned into the wall...didn't hit the wall but turned toward it to get out of the groove.

Did John admit he "lost on purpose"? Hell no
Will he admit it? Hell no
As a Team owner and knowing it benefitted him and his Team to lose on purpose so that Hight could get into the chase, was it the right thing to do? Probably!

It's one of those shady scenarios that no matter how you look at it...it absolutely appears that John lost on purpose but I truly believe many folks would have done the same thing if in the same situation.

One of the dealios that you look at what happened and well...if it talks like a duck, walks like a duck, etc.

The real miss though, is how this really overshadowed the fact that Ashlee actually won the damn race! And she won it legit! 100% legit! She really did and she was the first woman ever to win at that venue in a Funny car...! The last woman to win there was the great Shirley Muldowney in 85' in a Top Fuel car

Too bad that story is being overshadowed by the "fight"...

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
I watched that yesterday. That was quite entertaining.

Force gets all upset when being accused of throwing the race, but then says that he has sponsors to make happy. So, in a way, that is contradicting yourself. Forces reaction times are normally .08, that race his reaction time was .2somthing. I don't know if he did it on purpose, but it does seem likely.

This happens in all forms of racing, anytime teammates are close on the track, the one fighting for the top points always gets the point by.

F8LBITEva

Alexis Texas' #1 fan
Established Member
I wanna kiss Ashley where she pees. Force has an empire that makes him money and he had to do what he has to do. Maybe the Pedregon boys will get a couple more cars next year and come back strong. All this happened like the week after their crew cheif Dickie Venables went to Al-Anabi racing. Can you say money talks and bullshit walks!?

Stevenbekah

Cobra bitten
Established Member
I wanna kiss Ashley where she pees. Force has an empire that makes him money and he had to do what he has to do. Maybe the Pedregon boys will get a couple more cars next year and come back strong. All this happened like the week after their crew cheif Dickie Venables went to Al-Anabi racing. Can you say money talks and bullshit walks!?

Not only that, but Austin Coil (Forces' LONG time crew chief) went into the hospital this past week for internal bleeding...he's doing ok but still, he's out...

Now I will say this, there is something to say about how multi-car teams do vs single car teams...there's certainly a lot of upside for the multi-car folks not only in NHRA but in ALL forms of motorsports.

DUMBASS

Banned
the way i see it anyone can choose whether to win or lose at anytime. thats part of being on a team in motorsports events.People often help their team out whether is is a draft to the front in nascar or whatever. Don't like it then find a new game.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Did anyone see the AWESOME job John did in his first round of eliminations? Holy crap! First off he literally killed Jim Head off the line by cutting a great .094 reaction time. He started to shake the tires about 100 foot out and he backpedaled the car and got it to hook up and STILL beat a faster Jim Head! That dude can flat out drive!

U.M.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread