John Lund Jr talks about the future of tuning.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Cheapest way of showing that they care though. People can see the crackdown as coal rollers get "taken off" the street.

You can't stop ships from importing/exporting. Cruises got lobbyist too.

China/India get a pass cause they pay off the right people.

And the retards in this country can't see what is happening. The government could give 2 shits about you.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It's comforting to know that the government is spending a bunch of time and money on something like going after the aftermarket car/tuning industry that causes 0.000000000000000001% of the problem. What a joke.

Last year Washington State did away with all emissions testing, and why would they do that? Because the testing was no longer useful and the cars that are on the road at this time are contributing a negligible amount to the CO2 emissions. There are thousands of modified cars in this state as the hobby is big here as well so this is just a means to gather more control, and I won't be surprised to hear the manufacturers backing it because this just creates a means for them to make more money selling factory backed performance parts that "meet emissions standards".

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
First off I see a lot of finger pointing at the diesel guys. Do you really think that if coal was never rolled they wouldn't be after the rest of the community. That tribal thinking only divides. Soon grandpa's '39 Packard will be banned unless it has a golf cart engine.

Another thing. This has been going on for a while. But it is initiated by administrations belonging to a certain political party.

What's to stop me from starting a company in Belize or the Caribbean and selling my tunes remotely?

Does this apply to kit cars like Factory 5 or older cars say 1970 Mustang?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
First off I see a lot of finger pointing at the diesel guys. Do you really think that if coal was never rolled they wouldn't be after the rest of the community. That tribal thinking only divides. Soon grandpa's '39 Packard will be banned unless it has a golf cart engine.

Another thing. This has been going on for a while. But it is initiated by administrations belonging to a certain political party.

What's to stop me from starting a company in Belize or the Caribbean and selling my tunes remotely?

Does this apply to kit cars like Factory 5 or older cars say 1970 Mustang?

Have they specifically stated they are doing away with the 25 year exemptions?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I did watch this. Time to draw a line in the sand. The "government", isn't some esoteric idea. It is run by fellow citizens. We can take it back....

100%.. it can and has been done.

None of this is new. Didn’t happen in the past 3 months. It’s been going on for years. Doesn’t matter who is in the White House. Just saying.

Wrong.

Trump, EPA Decide On Far Easier Fuel Economy Standards For Automakers.

The Trump administration’s major environmental deregulations

What is the Trump administration’s track record on the environment?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c30240-13e2-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html

"We're not going to allow the EPA to pick winners and losers."

Long story short... Had we re-elected Trump in 2020, that video above would have not been made by Lund until 2024 or beyond.

It very much matters who is running the country as it pertains to our hobby.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
100%.. it can and has been done.

Wrong.

Trump, EPA Decide On Far Easier Fuel Economy Standards For Automakers.

The Trump administration’s major environmental deregulations

What is the Trump administration’s track record on the environment?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...c30240-13e2-11e7-ada0-1489b735b3a3_story.html

"We're not going to allow the EPA to pick winners and losers."

Long story short... Had we re-elected Trump in 2020, that video above would have not been made by Lund until 2024 or beyond.

It very much matters who is running the country as it pertains to our hobby.

The EPA actually went into revolt in some ways with many or most of the Obama holdovers being so disgusted with Trump's EPA administrators that many left in protest. I imagine most of those idiots from before were brought back on to continue their work.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yep.. imagine if Trump won? There was so much work done to deregulate the auto industry i feel like his Admin was just getting started.

Could have been REALLY good for our sport.

We'll have another shot next year to change the Legislature, and 2024 to put someone back in charge who can make it through 2 sentences without shitting his pants or forgetting his ABC's....

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
This has been happening since well before Trump. Trying to politicize it is only buying into the blame game and doesn't help at all.

They are also pushing to remove any ability to take a road vehicle "off-road use only". So if it EVER had emissions equipment and street legal usage, it must always be compliant. Even deregistering a vehicle as race-only is under attack and will be outlawed.

Others have tried going offshore and they still bring the hammer down on whoever is involved on the US side. Some are skirting by with it, for now.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
IMO Defunding the EPA actually made these crackdowns much worse. They're easy targets and an easy win when they don't have the resources or backing to go after the real environmental issues.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That video was stupid.

I wish he wouldn't have compared it to guns, or alcohol sales at bars. Idiot. Tax stamps on modifications? Why in the **** would you say that?

I don't agree with the government intervening on modifying vehicles and saying what you can and can't do.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Long term, I see ICE being pushed out of big racing bodies. NASCAR, NHRA, FIA / F1, WRC, LeMans, etc will all move to EV content.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
This has been happening since well before Trump. Trying to politicize it is only buying into the blame game and doesn't help at all.

They are also pushing to remove any ability to take a road vehicle "off-road use only". So if it EVER had emissions equipment and street legal usage, it must always be compliant. Even deregistering a vehicle as race-only is under attack and will be outlawed.

Others have tried going offshore and they still bring the hammer down on whoever is involved on the US side. Some are skirting by with it, for now.
Partially has to do with who is president. Mostly has to do with the marxist leviathon that we call our Federal government. I was lambasted before, but sorry, most of these people are not good people.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

IMO Defunding the EPA actually made these crackdowns much worse. They're easy targets and an easy win when they don't have the resources or backing to go after the real environmental issues.

Lol. Ok lil bud. These two posts are so full of shit its hard to even know where to begin.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious on the amount of states currently that have emissions testing?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
That video was stupid.

I wish he wouldn't have compared it to guns, or alcohol sales at bars. Idiot. Tax stamps on modifications? Why in the **** would you say that?

I don't agree with the government intervening on modifying vehicles and saying what you can and can't do.
He's upset because as a retailer he's being punished for what customers do - unlike guns and alcohol (in most cases).

He also understands he's not going to roll back laws and mandates. Rather, just like every other industry, why can't we pay reasonable fines or waivers?

So, rather then trying to cheat a California Emissions Test, just pay a $250 Carbon Tax and by-pass having to do emissions testing.

Or, as he also stated, in many cases a modified mustang with rear deletes, EGR delete and giant blower running E85 has less tailpipe emissions then a stock car... But it's in violation because it's "modified" or won't pass a ready check.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
If a modified car can't even be driven on private property because it was originally emissions compliant, welp, now time to remove the VIN and any other indication it was ever "emissions compliant".

You won't fool anybody.

If there's an age/year cutoff, like exemptions for pre 1973 vehicles or something, welp, time to swap my 08 GT500 drivetrain motor into a 69 shell.

If it's basic emissions testing annual or once or whatever, and it's crazy precise (where they won't even pass you if the PCM has EVER been touched), welp, time to find a donor car, pull out the PCM/stock blower/fuel system etc. throw it on for the "test", then swap all your shit back on after it passes.

People already do all of that. In many cases the challenge of the "every two years back to stock" quickly becomes more pain then its worth and they sell the car off and just buy a faster stock car.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Just curious on the amount of states currently that have emissions testing?
Screenshot_20210303-104130.jpeg

Feds what to make it mandatory nation wide.

Users who are viewing this thread