john mayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
Jennifer + Ford GT = 1 pretty cool guy. I never really paid atention to his music but the above examples are good.

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
I can't believe alot of people hate his music. Alot of his "popy popular" stuff is lame but he's actually a great musician. This is coming from a metal head and guitar player.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I like a lot of his stuff... He's very talented..

His car is sweet too lol

mr4teth

Established Member
I can't believe alot of people hate his music. Alot of his "popy popular" stuff is lame but he's actually a great musician. This is coming from a metal head and guitar player.

:beer: Right on my metal head, guitar picking friend!

John is probably one of the most talented guitar players in pop and blues today. Just do a little research on youtube and watch his live performances ... he so passionate I almost dear to compare him to the late great SRV! ..RIP!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sPmTgPvx28&feature=related"]YouTube - John Mayer at Crossroads Guitar Festival[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur4bNSDzers&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - Bold As Love[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qla13aWrNP4&feature=player_profilepage"]YouTube - John Mayer Trio - Out Of My Mind[/ame]

Watch John school old slow hands .. not really Clapton is God [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh4n1bZi4d8&feature=related"]YouTube - John Mayer and Eric Clapton - Crossroads (ABC News)[/ame]

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
are u guys kidding me no homo, he sounds and plays the guitar like stevie ray vaungh hes very talented, just cause girls like him doesnt mean ur a homo to admit, come on guys it doesnt make u gay to like his music lol and he gets to sleep with jennifer anisten and has a ford gt = coolguy hhaa

Swaie

Established Member
I seen a car just like that about a week or two ago on I-55 headed north toward STL. I wonder if that was him? I was about to turn around, but I was too lazy to gawk at a rich mans car that day.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for posting the YouTube videos of his Hendrix and SRV songs. I had just heard a few of his songs on the radio and had no idea that he could play guitar.
:thumbsup:

chimazo

Established Member
I was in the same boat thinking his music was lame and he was a *** (in the old school meaning), but I saw him on Fantasy Factory w/Rob Dyrdek and he is a funny dude with a great sense of humor who doesn't take himself seriously at all.

Makes $$$, bangs hotties, drives cool cars, plays sick guitar...He's my new BFF!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The fact that he could have had ANY and I mean ANY Ford GT that he wanted (or just about any car for that matter) and he chose the one he did, says a lot about his respect for what that car stands for. The guy is a millionare, lets not forget that, and still chose to purchase a GT in the color scheme that reflects the very pinicle of what American Motor Sports had to offer in a setting that was dominated by the likes of Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, etc...
I'd have to bet that in the circles of aquaintances that he hangs in, those that understand why that car is painted the way it is are few and far between. That leads me to believe that he didn't buy that car to make some kind of flashy statement to his (some) mindless coleagues, but because he gets "it." The very "it" that has all of us flocking to web sites like SVTP to share. The "it" that we all understand and share as a common thread between different worlds of people. The "it" that thrusts cars like the GT to be surrounded by the mestique and respect that they do. The guy's guitar talent aside (and I do think he is VERY talented), he's obviously a true enthusiest and becasue of that is just one step closer to being "normal" like us. You know, the kind of normal that would have you stop what your doing, no matter how important it is, to watch a car drive by. The kind of normal that allows you the ability to guess a cars make and modle based on the sound it makes as it passes outside your garage. The kind of normal that would cause you to walk past a million dollar Mybach as if it didn't exist, to get a closer glimpse at the Ford that sat three spots away. Cool, very cool!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread