JOKER Trailer #1

M240Bravo

Established Member
So a 90 pound street performer with no military or crazy back round thats shown not to be highly intelligent is going to be batman biggest foe.....ya this is a hard pass.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
55937496_2363457537219710_8373943800535449600_n.jpg

Jaysin

Established Member
I think it looks really good, definitely want to see it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Shit looks dark. I'll def check it out.

What did Phoenix weigh shooting this? No Machinist but definitely lost a lot of weight.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I saw that they weren't able to do any reshoots because of his weight loss. They had to get everything right the first time out.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I saw that they weren't able to do any reshoots because of his weight loss. They had to get everything right the first time out.

I heard that they are describing it as a low budget examination of the character of the Joker. So this wont be anything like any other DC movie, and if anyone is getting their hopes up for anything with a lot of action... well then you will probably be disappointed.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I heard that they are describing it as a low budget examination of the character of the Joker. So this wont be anything like any other DC movie, and if anyone is getting their hopes up for anything with a lot of action... well then you will probably be disappointed.

Nothing wrong with a psychologically creepy film from time to time.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
I feel confident Joaquin Phoenix can nail the role down.

I don't feel confident in DC making a good plot.
Even in the Nolan series, I only thought the 2nd one was great. 1st and 3rd ones were meh to me. Didn't get the hype for Bane.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
So far DC has done well with the last couple movies. WW, Aquaman, and now Shazaam have all been big hits. I watched Shazaam last night and thought it was good. They definitely took the more playful route like Spiderman movies do, but it has a Ghostbusters feel to it as well which was good. Big twist at the end as well.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
So far DC has done well with the last couple movies. WW, Aquaman, and now Shazaam have all been big hits. I watched Shazaam last night and thought it was good. They definitely took the more playful route like Spiderman movies do, but it has a Ghostbusters feel to it as well which was good. Big twist at the end as well.

and DC put these movies, genre on the map (comic book hero tv,movies) long before Marvel. Yeah the old Superman, Batman tv series and movies are dated, corny, but as a kid I loved that shit. To be honest I don’t know if I will like this movie, will probably wait till it’s released on demand. I do concur with the sentiment that marvel has done a better job in execution when it comes to movies...

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
and DC put these movies, genre on the map (comic book hero tv,movies) long before Marvel. Yeah the old Superman, Batman tv series and movies are dated, corny, but as a kid I loved that shit. To be honest I don’t know if I will like this movie, will probably wait till it’s released on demand. I do concur with the sentiment that marvel has done a better job in execution when it comes to movies...
I can't disagree with any of this.

Sent from my [mind] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

DC's biggest hurdle has been integration of the characters. They can make a successful standalone movie as they have shown over and over, but when they try and compete with Marval by making a Justice League movie they lose it, and it's mostly because they dont have enough standalone movies for each character to establish a strong enough plot for the JL movies.

But it is true. All in all DC started most of this and I think they have the best characters and storylines.

ViciousJay

Established Member
It's hard to believe the guy directing this film is responsible for such movies as Old School, The Hangover trilogy, Due Date, and produced A Star is Born.

Users who are viewing this thread