Judge approves class action lawsuit against Ford Mustang

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I know what you meant. Why so presumptuous? Those of us that don't go too often want to get the most smiles out of the short time we get at the track.

Squeezed out with help from the svtperformance.com mobile app
What tracks have you gone to, and what times are you running?

Just curious, as anyone less than a pro driver can't use the car as it's intended, only going to the track twice a year.
I have a 2016 Tech Pack car. I upgraded to the Track Pack transmission and coolers. Prior to that upgrade, my car went into limp modern the freeway due to transmission temperatures. Everyone focuses on the track overheating issue which occurred on my car also after about 20 minutes of track time. What most people miss is that these cars overheated on the street too. Look at the fluid volume for a Tech Pack car. It is no wonder why these overheated in heavy traffic or pulling a grade. Ford did not want Tech owners to even know about trans temps since they deleted the temp reading from the display. Unlike the diff, the sensors are present to read trans temps but the option is not present without modifying the BCM with Forscan.
What IATs were you seeing when you encountered limp mode on the street?

So your car would last 20 minutes on the track before going to limp mode?

Sent from my Potato

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Kooks are for Commies. American Racing or bust.

I have used ARH on all my LS powered cars, but when it comes to coyotes, voodoo etc.. I prefer the Kooks or now defunct JPC design. The O2 placement is better and then there is that beautiful stepped design of those Kooks...see how the O2s are placed, this should allow them to better drain moisture, the killer of wideband O2s...

DSC_0933-1.jpg

2016-04-22_03-24-50.jpg

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I've had my Terminator at the Pueblo Motorsports Park and High Plains Raceway in Colorado. Since moving to Wisconsin I had my Terminator at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Burned up many a brake pad, rotor and tire at these places squeaking past 140 mph on the front straights.

I want to get over to Road America with my GT350, probably next year. I bought it a couple months back. Doubt I'll avoid the limp mode on that long course. I plan on having fresh fluids in before and I'll change them out soon after, same as my old Terminator.
What tracks have you gone to, and what times are you running? I go for smiles and to give the Corvette guys grief for being slow.

Just curious, as anyone less than a pro driver can't use the car as it's intended, only going to the track twice a year.What IATs were you seeing when you encountered limp mode on the street?

So your car would last 20 minutes on the track before going to limp mode?

Sent from my Potato

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had my Terminator at the Pueblo Motorsports Park and High Plains Raceway in Colorado. Since moving to Wisconsin I had my Terminator at Blackhawk Farms Raceway. Burned up many a brake pad, rotor and tire at these places squeaking past 140 mph on the front straights.

I want to get over to Road America with my GT350, probably next year. I bought it a couple months back. Doubt I'll avoid the limp mode on that long course. I plan on having fresh fluids in before and I'll change them out soon after, same as my old Terminator.

How fast were you running around High Plains?

Beautiful track. I love heading out there.

barstowpo

Established Member
I run my car twice a year at Willow Springs. I have gotten down to 1:47.7 but that is with stock SS tires. I have replaced the rears one e but the fronts are still hanging in there. The first time I tracked it in 2016, it lasted the entire first session. I doubt I pushed it enough. After that first session, the car never lasted all the way through a 20 minute session. I never checked my IAT's. My highway limp mode was in stop and go traffic heading up Cajon Pass in SoCal with a passenger. The tunnel heat was noticeable. I've heard multiple reports from other Tech owners of highway limp mode events.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
These are HPDE's. I don't keep track of times. I go just for fun, to achieve the 4 wheel float/drift/rotation around corners, steering with the brakes, heels and toes, and pushing momentum through that last turn onto the front straight to squeeze out as much top speed as I can.
How fast were you running around High Plains?

Beautiful track. I love heading out there.

Users who are viewing this thread