Judgement Day / head tick

Caseindaplace

Established Member
For those who have seen the movie and know the relation to our cars, I found this funny coincidence and thought I would share.

Terminators, Skynet, Judgement Day: August 29, 1997

When checking into my build date, well I be damned

Good for a movie comparison, bad for the head tick TSB seeing I’m pre November engines. Not sure if the original owner took care of it, maybe the car fax can tell - I’ll have to listen close for it, runs fine.
7413176c2f6b520fe438544e849c5c32.jpg
7727a537239a7f42407f7fc10991fbdc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BADBOYSVT

Established Member
Nice . I mean on the date part . That date something to be special right there . Sad it’s tick .

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Nice . I mean on the date part . That date something to be special right there . Sad it’s tick .

Yea I thought it was neat - but I don’t really hear anything out of the ordinary that startled me. I just learned of the alleged tick the other day watching an old power tv episode. I’ll have to YouTube the tick

MG0h3

Established Member
I think you'd know it if you had a loose seat. Some might even describe it as a clack vs a tick. If you listen close you'll hear the injectors ticking and a very faint "typewriter" sound would be the valvetrain. When a seat comes loose its louder and a bit deeper.

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
Yea I thought it was neat - but I don’t really hear anything out of the ordinary that startled me. I just learned of the alleged tick the other day watching an old power tv episode. I’ll have to YouTube the tick

The build date does not "guarantee" that you will get the tick - it's not really as common as some will lead you to believe. The engines are just "ticky" anyway, so if you have a problem, you'll be hearing more of a loud rattle that definitely isn't normal.

For all there is to know about the heads and TSB's (with lots more on the rest of the site):

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/castings.htm

Caseindaplace

Established Member
I think you'd know it if you had a loose seat. Some might even describe it as a clack vs a tick. If you listen close you'll hear the injectors ticking and a very faint "typewriter" sound would be the valvetrain. When a seat comes loose its louder and a bit deeper.

Explanation is spot on - all seems good

Caseindaplace

Established Member
The build date does not "guarantee" that you will get the tick - it's not really as common as some will lead you to believe. The engines are just "ticky" anyway, so if you have a problem, you'll be hearing more of a loud rattle that definitely isn't normal.

For all there is to know about the heads and TSB's (with lots more on the rest of the site):

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/castings.htm

Yep After I posted my reply I went to the search bar and started reading up all morning. Input here is always appreciated and spot on. Especially for older models seeing everyone has had the same problems over the years and solutions to follow

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Even the 2v has a tick. Actually, all over head cam engines make a little noise. Just install a louder exhaust. You will with go deaf, or forget there is a noise.

If the noise is louder than the exhaust, you have a problem.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Caseindaplace

Established Member
Even the 2v has a tick. Actually, all over head cam engines make a little noise. Just install a louder exhaust. You will with go deaf, or forget there is a noise.

If the noise is louder than the exhaust, you have a problem.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Haha not bad. I’ll keep that in mind. I had never heard of the tick or the TSB. In one day from this place I learned it all, A+

IllCobra

Established Member
My car skipped the tick and went straight to dropping the valve seat with no warning at all. No strange sounds, no problems on start up, nothing at all.

Caseindaplace

Established Member
My car skipped the tick and went straight to dropping the valve seat with no warning at all. No strange sounds, no problems on start up, nothing at all.

Dang! If this ever happens to me I guess I don’t need to bring it to ford for say since it’s so old. I can go to whomever I trust / decent price

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's funny. The other day I was cleaning my car and my son noticed the build date on my car. He mentioned how it was 10 days before his birthday. Albeit a few years later. But it made me realize the month and date are the same day as someone's birthday that I lost. That persons was pretty important to me. So my car has another reason not to get rid of it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

Caseindaplace

Established Member
That's funny. The other day I was cleaning my car and my son noticed the build date on my car. He mentioned how it was 10 days before his birthday. Albeit a few years later. But it made me realize the month and date are the same day as someone's birthday that I lost. That persons was pretty important to me. So my car has another reason not to get rid of it.

Misspelling brought to you by Tapatalk

This is awesome brother.

Edit: Not the passing of course, sorry for that

Users who are viewing this thread