Just a plain ol' 2 valve engine

Stanger00

Established Member
Pretty basic scheme under the hood. Was checking the oil level since I have been getting some blow-by figured I would snap some pics.

IMG_0689.jpg

IMG_0690.jpg

IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
nice! what are those numbers? 614/533? let's see a mod list! I'm finally putting break in miles on mine and hope to get the tune finished by end of September.

Stanger00

Established Member
Thanks! and yes, that is 614/533. Managed that with the stock intake manifold and 16lbs of boost. I'm still getting used to the car and its new quirks. I've put close to 400 miles on it since I got it back from the shop.

03-04 Cobra Aluminator short block with trickflow trackheat 185 44cc heads with .600lift springs and trickflow stage 2 cams...idles around 12in vacuum.

Fuel - division x hat, dual GT pumps, dual FPDMs (upgraded wires), 60lb injectors and stock feed line.

Darrin BC auto 4r75w with circle d multi disk 3300 stall converter

Exhaust - MAC LTs, catted x-pipe, magnaflow exhaust.

Vortech Si 3.1 RR pulley 96-99 3 bolt tensioner timing cover, 10% overdrive crank

Suspension - UPR k-member, UPR coil overs, 200lb 14" springs, tokico adjustable drag struts, MM caster camber plates, removed front sway bar, Steeda adjustable UCAs (spherical and delrin bushings), MM LCAs (w/poly and spherical bushings) and tokico shocks.

not sure what else I've done to the car. A lot of the mods I did back in 2005! The motor trans and front suspension were all done this year.

AED tuned with 91 octane...No other tunes. Out of fuel pump and injector.

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
Sweet, great numbers on 16 pounds and 91! I saw stock rails and was hoping you would post your fuel setup. I have the same fuel setup except a kurgan hat. Glad to see it making good numbers. Figured I would be pushing the fuel system as well.

You say your getting blow by, I'm assuming no catch can or breather tank?

Stanger00

Established Member
Thanks! I wasnt expecting it to hit 600 but the cams helped it get there plus some more! I'm sure the duty cycle will drop if I added -8 line and larger rails but for now this works just fine.

Yeah, no breather tank installed at the moment. I'm debating on what to do. I drew up a design and will be having it welded together soon but its small not sure it will be large enough for both lines. I can also go out and buy an aluminum sports bottle and cut it open to install a separator plate with some copper mesh to help trap the oil before it vents to the atmosphere.

1BAD360R

Established Member
Very nice combo. How are you liking the stage 2 cams on the street. I see your auto and Im manual, but how is the sound ( lope ) and street manners ? Thanks.. Also, box stock heads or some port work ?

Stanger00

Established Member
With the auto the cams lope pretty good while I'm in Drive. They idle in neutral pretty damn good and don't surge too bad but there is a decent lope to the tone. They drive nice but the low end took a hit but they come back alive at 5500 to my rev limit 6800. The TFS heads are stock out of the box.

I'd imagine with a manual these would e perfect for daily driving. Just have to warm the car up for 10 minutes on cold mornings.

coposrv

Established Member
Nice set up man. I like seein guys stick to the 2v motors. They can be pretty stout when built. Nice job.

XHIRL8N

Established Member
Good job... mines almost done again. Looking for around 650 out of mine as well. @ around 20 psi on e85. Return fuel setup etc. Any idle videos etc?

Users who are viewing this thread