Just another coyote swap

flatheadford

Established Member
I picked up a 89 coupe in December for $500, its a bone stock 4cyl auto. Also I recently invested in a junkyard coyote engine from a 2011 f-150 for just about a irresistible price, $1700 (don't shun me if I'm wrong). My goal is to now build a coyote fox for as little money as possible while retaining a somewhat sleeper look. This is not a show build or a racing build, this is a build merely for fun as the car is beat as you would expect a regular 4cyl car to be but its still decent. I'm not looking to do anything fancy like paint, wheels, suspension etc. I will try to post updates as i can but this is going to be a long build as I'm a broke mf! If you have have any info you want to share then please do so, I'm sure I've gathered the gist of the info I need but anything helps!
IMG_0337.JPG

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I need another Foxbody. Subscribes to fulfill the empty void in my life and my driveway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah, it's going to be a nice project car, for sure. You mentioned you're not doing anything fancy like paint and wheels. The paint looks really rough around the edges, so are you going to leave it like it is, or will you do an inexpensive re-paint. Maybe a wrap?

flatheadford

Established Member
Yeah, it's going to be a nice project car, for sure. You mentioned you're not doing anything fancy like paint and wheels. The paint looks really rough around the edges, so are you going to leave it like it is, or will you do an inexpensive re-paint. Maybe a wrap?

I’m leaving it just like that. Nobody will know what hit em!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

flatheadford

Established Member
Also if anyone has a 96-98 mustang gt that is in terrible shape but runs and drives I would love to take it off your hands for a cheap price. Just need a donor car for things such as rear end, front spindles, and other miscellaneous parts. Looking to buy the whole car not just parts. Must be a five speed v8.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

josephcostello

Established Member
Also if anyone has a 96-98 mustang gt that is in terrible shape but runs and drives I would love to take it off your hands for a cheap price. Just need a donor car for things such as rear end, front spindles, and other miscellaneous parts. Looking to buy the whole car not just parts. Must be a five speed v8.

Check out copart. Lots of good deals.

flatheadford

Established Member
Haven’t updated this in a while.. I recently got my power by the hour brackets and timing cover for the engine and also some miscellaneous parts to finish it up. My next step was I was thinking about either a 2018 gt intake or a boss 302. I really want a cobra jet intake but that costs almost as much as my entire engine lol. Anyone have some experience with this?

TaraFirma

Established Member
Love this idea. Total sleeper that you can park wherever and not worry about paint or door dings or anything like that. I wouldn’t skip the power steering and brakes though. AC would also be a must in TX.
Spindles and rear end should be taken from a 94-95 car though. The spindles will give you better steering geometry, and the rear axel housing is the same width as the fox, so you can just put fox length 5lug axels in and have foxbody track width.

flatheadford

Established Member
Love this idea. Total sleeper that you can park wherever and not worry about paint or door dings or anything like that. I wouldn’t skip the power steering and brakes though. AC would also be a must in TX.
Spindles and rear end should be taken from a 94-95 car though. The spindles will give you better steering geometry, and the rear axel housing is the same width as the fox, so you can just put fox length 5lug axels in and have foxbody track width.

Thanks for the input. I’m keeping the power steering and power brakes, using the hydro boost system from a sn95 and deleting the ac. I’m planning to keep it four lug with the same wheels. I was actually referring to info on the intake swap but thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread