Just Bought My 2014 GT500 Dream Car! Clutch Issues Already?

yello 5.0

Established Member
I bought my dream car earlier this week from an OCD gentleman, like myself, who kept his 2014 GT500 as a garage queen. While driving home (400 miles) on the interstate, I noticed the engine revving as I tried to pass in 6th, but the car was trying to catch up. It almost felt like an automatic or CVT. I'm thinking the clutch is slipping although the car only has 15K miles. Just my luck! Have you heard of such a thing? There is zero burning odor, but it simply revs when approaching any boost. He took me for a test ride before signing the paperwork, and it pulled like a freight train. Granted, we only went through 3rd. Only when I was doing 70 at low rpms did I notice something wasn't right. Please, any insight and/or advice would be great. I reached out to the seller and he said that he hasn't driven it in 3 months or so, but when he does, it's only down the street...never interstate. If it is a clutch, what am I looking at in regards to costs? I'm so happy and so aggravated at the same time.

Zemedici

Established Member
Saw a hellcat that had a roasted clutch at 400 miles, so its definitely possible.

Clutch installs can vary greatly in price, depending on if you have the work done professionally or do it yourself.

A good clutch setup (parts) alone will be $1500-2500 depending on how beefy you want to get.

Install (labor) can vary depending shop to shop.

96gt02

Established Member
Whats done to the car? and what kind of shape is the belt in?

Users who are viewing this thread