Just bought my first Terminator!

jetmech

Established Member
Hey Gents, new here but have been lurking for a while as I knew it was time for me to buy my dream car. I just picked it up on Saturday, It's an '03 sonic blue coupe with 28K on the clock. and totally stock. except for a 3.0 pulley and FM cat back. Not going to push it until I can get it tuned. But I'm looking to do a 3.4 Whipple, full exhaust LT's, H or X pipe, and haven't decided on mufflers but all 3'' all the way back! Upgrade the fuel system, and suspension. I will be taking it to the track once it's all done!

jetmech

Established Member
I hope this works for pics;http://profile.imageshack.us/user/jetmech1326/

img0255uw.jpg

img0259zj.jpg

img0254o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Slow99x

Established Member
Just so you know, if you plan on keeping it a street car but want gobs of power you might want to rethink the 3.4 route. A whipple 2.9 would be much better in the fact it can clear the stock hood without modding it and you are not putting a ton of stress on the crank snout like the 3.4 does.

jetmech

Established Member
I'm sure if I searched I would find the answer but I'm going to ask anyway, how and why does the 3.4 add more stress to the crank? is there proof of this extra stress? I was under the impression that it would displace more air on the same engine combo at same boost level as the 2.9 so essentially it shouldn't be spinning as hard as the 2.9, right? Does the 3.4 take that much more force to spin than the 2.9?

jetmech

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Can someone please elaborate on this 2.9 is better than the 3.4 Whipple thing? It just doesn't make sense to me the rational behind it.

mach1033

Established Member
Thanks for the compliments guys. Can someone please elaborate on this 2.9 is better than the 3.4 Whipple thing? It just doesn't make sense to me the rational behind it.

First what are your realistic power goals?
Second the 2.9 is a straight bolt on versus the 3.4 which requires some mods in order to clear the hood.
Third if you plan on using the crusher inlet then you need to know that you will not be able to get your passenger side spark plugs without having to remove the blower.
4th and this is just my OPINION and not a matter of fact but the 3.4 is really meant to be put on a built motor instead of a stock one. I have the 2.9 and I blew my motor with that blower running close to 24lbs of boost on a stock motor. It just kept pulling and pulling even past redline where the boost never dropped. Here is a pic of the blower on my car when it was running.
191593[/ATTACH]"]
Picture009.jpg

191595[/ATTACH]"]
cobra101.jpg

Attachments

• Picture009.jpg
    Picture009.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 47
  • cobra101.jpg
    cobra101.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on getting your '03 Cobra. You mentioned in your first post that you have suspension mods planned. That includes lowering your Cobra, right? I hope so because a lowered stance makes SO much difference in the looks department. Best of luck with your car. :)

Users who are viewing this thread