Just bought this car...Can you help me figure out what I bought?

Avispa

Established Member
OK, sounds stupid, but.....just traded my '03 Cobra for a 2016 GT/CS convertible. Came with a VMP S/C installed, but no documentation at all. Got it at a Ford dealer of all places, and the car was priced so the S/C setup was essentially free. Don't have any experience with VMP stuff, so....how do I identify what the stuff is? Part numbers? Any other identifying things? It's about the same size blower as a Whipple 2.3, which I put on the Cobra myself, but that's about all I can figure. Don't mind at all pulling a panel or two to find the PCM if that will help. And it's LOUD. Finally a response to all the Westside Mustangs folks in Houston that complained the Cobra was "too quiet."

Avispa

Established Member
Alibi, yeah that's true, but sometimes it doesn't work when you buy from a dealer. As long as the hardware was there and in good shape, which it was, the car was a steal. I paid bone stock GT price (used) for it. If it was from the owner that did the mods, that would be another matter. Somebody is gonna buy that '03 Cobra and see the Whipple on it, but they're not gonna get any more info from the dealer, that's for sure.

That said, a big, big thank you to Chuck Harter at VMP for follow up on my question. VMP tuned this car as it turned out, so at least I can work through the details with them.

Users who are viewing this thread