Just changed battery. Need help

tomf

Established Member
Old battery was out of car for about 2 days. I installed new battery and went to reset all fields. Before I could reset 0 MILES UNTIL EMPTY came. The fuel tank is 3/4 full. Then TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT. I tried to reset both but they won't. Any thoughts

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Old battery was out of car for about 2 days. I installed new battery and went to reset all fields. Before I could reset 0 MILES UNTIL EMPTY came. The fuel tank is 3/4 full. Then TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR FAULT. I tried to reset both but they won't. Any thoughts

You sure the new battery was actually good? Was it fully charge? If it was indeed good have the alternator checked. They were a known issues on the 07-09 gt500s

tomf

Established Member
I trickle charged new battery over night then installed it. Drove the car for about a half hour. TIRE MONITAR AT FAULT cleared itself. ZERO MILES TIL EMPTY went off so when I got home I checked the miles until empty and 101miles until empty showed. The car is just a hair under 3/4 full. It should show more that that ?????
On another note. My status now shows up as New Member. I joined May 23,2009 ?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I trickle charged new battery over night then installed it. Drove the car for about a half hour. TIRE MONITAR AT FAULT cleared itself. ZERO MILES TIL EMPTY went off so when I got home I checked the miles until empty and 101miles until empty showed. The car is just a hair under 3/4 full. It should show more that that ?????
On another note. My status now shows up as New Member. I joined May 23,2009 ?

If you have a volt meter check the alternator and the battery with the car running.

It shows you joined jun 2009 but only have 7 post.

Users who are viewing this thread