just dyno'd. AFR?

Stevan26

Established Member
Hey guys. I just literally pulled off a Dyno jet and with my current mods in my SIG
(2500 miles on the motor)
Got 530rwhp and 535rwtq a hair low but I'll take it..

My AFR with a tail pipe sniffer.. was around 12.8-13.4 from low to higher rpm..

From what I've heard 11.7-12 is what we shoot for? But is that with wide band O2s
Or the sniffer in the tail pipe?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
are you running cats? if so that could make it look lean on the tail pipe.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Tail pipe sniffer can be a point higher than where it reads on the front 02's. Even then it seems a tad high so data log and send it in just to be sure.

Stevan26

Established Member
I don't have a wide band to data log. I have the graph... I won't have this tune at the end of the day.. going TVs n VMP is writing me a new tune.. but I just wanted to know.

My buddy just dynod after me. 2.5 pulley jlt 123, x pipe no cats. 11.8-12.3..

I think If I was keeping this set up. I'd add 2% at WOT..

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Invest in AEM wide band, with any boosted car you always want to monitor you A/F ratio.

fullboogie

Established Member
A good wideband logging through the tailpipe with cats should be no more than .1 or .2 higher (leaner) than a sensor installed before the cats. I've personally witnessed this countless times. You're either running very lean, or the dyno wideband was junk. I'd figure it out if it were my car.

Stevan26

Established Member
talked to BJ from vmp.. were gonna figure it out. its not the dyno..

my buddy with a 07 with a 2.5 upper, jlt 123 intake, offroad X pipe got a 11.6-11.8...

both have no cats.. stage 2.. vmp tunes. runs right after another.. both made 530rwhp...

any possible way it was skewed for my runs? i have now sense installed my TVS and VMP will be sending me tunes for it tomorrow or wednesday i hope.. so this problem wont be an issue.. i hope..

as for a wide band.. u think get a gauge and install it? or just buy a box set up and moniter it every mod and tune change?

after i get my tunes for the TVS im gonna goto the dyno and do a some runs.. check my AFR on it.. will that work for now? so i can see.. i want to drive the beast asap ha

Users who are viewing this thread