just got a call from citi bank fruad

Lightningfr

Banned
guess someone made a copy of my mom's bank card

in 1 in a half hours they spend 7 grand

somewhere in L.a

what a load of shit she paranoid about this kind of stuff too so careful

they think its someone at the citi bank that did it

such a load of crap and hassle to prove it wasnt her i hope they catch them and cut off there hands :fm::cuss:

canibus

Established Member
so at the moment is she liable for that money? That's why i keep my money in an undisclosed location(under my dogs bed)LoL!

Don Juan

Established Member
Nah banks have insurance for that type of thing, it takes time but you get all your money back, don't ask me how I know. :nonono:

im not advertising for this business when i say this, as i have no dog in the fight, im not employee, don't make any money for referring anyone,.

but i use lifelock.com it's $9 a month, and if i my Identity gets stolen, then they guarantee and cover me up to $1,000,000. covers attorney's fee (they hire the best to represent my case), repair my credit, and any other costs associated.

if someone tries to open a line of credit in my name, the lender has to call me first and verify with me (the # is on my credit report). they install fraud alerts, which are automatically sent directly to my cell phone, and my email address.

they automatically remove my name from credit card offers, home mortgage offers, telemarketers call lists, and much much more.

they monitor your credit 365 days a year, 24 hours a day for any changes whatsoever. if your social security # is used, you're immediately notified.

good company, honest, and they work to protect you.

Lightningfr

Banned
i herd of lifelock.com it sounded pretty good i think im going to check them out

no she is not liable but untill she can prove it was not her the money is gone

we called the stores where the card was used we have the person name that SOB!

SnakeStang96

SVT Crazy
Established Member
you have to be carful with all that fraud shit. My g/f parents had their idendities stolen a coulple years back. They bought house funiture, car parts, everything you could think of. Totalled up to about 300,000 in fraud. The did manage to find a picture of the licsence the guy was using and it had my gilfriends fathers name on it. so they planned it out pretty well. Even though it was all acountted for becasue of the fraud. Her parents still have fraud alerts on the credit and can seem to get them off. Crappy situation.

Users who are viewing this thread