just got an 02 red lightning, few questions

breoland

Established Member
It has a 130k miles and has been babied its whole life. owner left it completely stock and took to dealer for all its oil changes and any other maintenance. I cant get over how well it drives for 130k. truck needs very lil tlc and i have a few questions as i am new to the lightning specifics.
for staters its a 2002 so i know the cooling issues were resolved by then but how do i find out if it has the better heads with 8 thread for plugs?
also where do I find an OEM soft bed cover or a brand that fits just like it. I had a flare side f150 and it seemed the cover really didnt fit well on the top because it slims down twards the back of the tailgate.

truck aslo has a weird squeal coming from the front of the truck. guy just had the alt replaced and new battery, im not sure its coming for the pullies, idlers or alt itself. I dont think its the blower because it seems to work fine under normal driving.

Not looking to do any mods to it but replace anything that needs replacing and using stock parts.

Items im in search for,
soft bed cover
stock blower with low miles
stock idler pullies
stock fuel lines
low mile stock mid pipe with cats

thanks guys

Lightning1_zps43a6299a.jpg

lightning2_zps890ece46.jpg

Last edited:

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
LEER makes a very nice soft cover.. PM me for details if you're looking to purchase new, as I don't want to put links on this forum to another. No reason to get a different blower, nor stock fuel lines. Why do you feel like you need new fuel lines? Idler pullies can be kept and you can service/replace the bearings.

breoland

Established Member
Instead of sending the blower out and having all new bearings installed, if I can find a stock blower with low miles it would be an easy swap. As for the fuel lines, there is a bunch of surface rust. Just trying to do some clean up under the hood
Email me the links to the soft cover to [email protected]

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
id try taking the blower belt off then start the truck to help isolate the squeal. An idler may need new bearings, might need a new belt. Id do that before throwing money out assuming its the blower

Users who are viewing this thread