Just got my Boss seats in

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Mine are Ford test seats that I got through a guy. They had 2 cuts in the back for Ford to inspect them.
So I purchased them through a Ford connection.
I’m having the rear repaired & BOSS 302 removed.

Nice! I agree with removing the Boss and just having the fabric.

kingnut

Established Member
the side airbags are nice but the leather bride and recaro's can be had for like $600 ea. i thinking about this option if i go with a base. noone has answered my question about steering wheels swap from prem to base. if all the wiring is there so the audio controls will work.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
the side airbags are nice but the leather bride and recaro's can be had for like $600 ea. i thinking about this option if i go with a base. noone has answered my question about steering wheels swap from prem to base. if all the wiring is there so the audio controls will work.

I have changed out the base wheels on my '11 GT and my wife's '11 V6. I put a GT500 wheel on my car and a Premium GT wheel on her car.

The wiring is a 'plug-n-play' swap, but the audio controls don't work with the Base model's radio.

The cruise control works and all the buttons light up on the wheel. I tried to see if there was anyway that you could take the car to the dealer and maybe they could do something through the computer to enable the audio controls.

The answers that I got was that it wasn't going to work with the base radio.

5.0jake

Established Member

You want to swap the premium to a base steering wheel?:dw:
Audio controls definitely won't work. Cruise control will.

I'll sell you my base steering wheel if your looking to buy one.

JD's04

Established Member
Ck to see if the Bullitt steering wheel will work it looks the same but leather.

bulldog427

Established Member

Kingnut
if you are looking for some Recaros I have a nice pair for sale. they are grey cloth with power, heat and cooling

NeoTokyo

Established Member
Mine are Ford test seats that I got through a guy. They had 2 cuts in the back for Ford to inspect them.
So I purchased them through a Ford connection.
I’m having the rear repaired & BOSS 302 removed.

Ahh yes, I remember talking with this guy.

Here was a set of white lettered seats he had along with the reds.

FORD MUSTANG BOSS 302 RECARO SEATS SUPER RARE BRAND NEW - eBay (item 170625380754 end time Apr-09-11 18:33:59 PDT)

The Cover on the pass side is really a drivers side cover that has the spot where the lever was closed up. There is no reason for Ford to inspect that side of the pass side, nothing there.

Also notice that your AirBag tab on the seat is on the console side, not the door side. Seats that came in the Boss's had the tag on the door side. He didnt notice any of this or at least claimed to not know anything about what I brought up.

Another thing to note, these seats were NEVER sat in or used yet there seems to be wear/wrinkling on the inner bolster of the pass side seat as if the cover was removed at one time and put back on...

We talked about a couple issues, one being the issue of the break-away fabric/threading used on the air bag side but not on the non-airbag side and how it could cause the air bag not to fully deploy.

We also talked about the possibility of these being a Drivers side seat with minor modifications to work on the pass side meaning that if the Air Bag would deploy then it would deploy towards the center of the cabin, not where it should be, by the door.

He had no 100% answers for me as he bought a bunch of these but wasnt going to dig into them, he said I would have to buy a set to find out.

Could you check all those things out on yours when you have the lettering removed? If it is a drivers side frame and air bag location I guess just remove the air bag and sell it. :/

Awesome seats none the less.

Last edited:

snkchmr 1

b609f978.gif

Jfoster

Established Member
2012 Boss 302 Seats Installed in Fox Coupe - 93Coupe.com

Bought mine from the forums. They are even more different than yours. These are all fabric, no suede inserts - and the fabric is a little more firm than stock Boss seats (sat in a Boss the other day). My drivers seat also has a little tear in the back - guess they inspected them? What do you mean about the covers being switched around?

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I received my Boss 302 seats with airbags wrapped in the same leather as the new GT500, there is no appreciable weight savings going with these seats.

Stock Driver: 59 (Premium leather seat with power & airbag)
Recaro Driver: 58 (GT500 leather)

Stock Passenger: 48 (Premium leather seat with airbag)
Recaro Driver: 46 (GT500 leather)

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I received my Boss 302 seats with airbags wrapped in the same leather as the new GT500, there is no appreciable weight savings going with these seats.

Stock Driver: 59 (Premium leather seat with power & airbag)
Recaro Driver: 58 (GT500 leather)

Stock Passenger: 48 (Premium leather seat with airbag)
Recaro Driver: 46 (GT500 leather)

thats odd, are both power?

my 2011 gt seats, both sides were 78 pounds, power with airbags.

i'm curious how the driver and passenger recaros weight different, when neither seat is power?

Users who are viewing this thread