Just got my Boss seats in

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I wondered the same thing, they don't feel any different and by feel are lighter than the stockers. Maybe my bathroom scale method of weighting is off. I'll weight them again with a digital scale at work and see what I come up with.

The BOL for the seats was less than 100 actual weight including pallet, I don't remember actual weight but it was in the 90's.

Jason

908ssp

Established Member
The Boss seats are very nice. They aren't quit as supportive as the Recaro Speed seat I have on my Mustang. Of course mine don't have side air bags but do have the slits in the cushion for the sub belt.

IMG_1755.jpg

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
After driving around for two days in them, I don't think I'd want anything more supportive than the Boss for a daily driver. At 6'5" and 270 lbs I'm a pretty big guy though.

Jason

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
For those of you that have done this swap to seats with Airbags, did you have any issues with the airbag warning lights? I swapped my seats in last weekend and both the dash and overhead airbag lights are staying on. I'm pulling the seats today to make sure none of the lines are cut or torn being that I had the seat covers redone but am lost from there. These are in an '11 GT.

Jason

5.0jake

Established Member
The Boss seats are very nice. They aren't quit as supportive as the Recaro Speed seat I have on my Mustang. Of course mine don't have side air bags but do have the slits in the cushion for the sub belt.

IMG_1755.jpg

Those are nice. What model are those?

snkchmr 1

JSkwarek

BUY, MOD, SELL, REPEAT!
Established Member
I spent the day swapping over the power stuff to the Boss seats today, going to take a look at the lumbar support tomorrow to see if I can make that work as well. My seats came with none of the Airbag modules but my guy is making good on it and pulling them from another set of seats and sending them to me Monday.

These seats are mostly test seats from what I can gather doing research so I think some of the sellers don't know what they've got, and it's a mixed bag. I'd hope that a seller wouldn't intentionally screw someone over. From what I can tell, both sides of the seats look the same so I don't think you'll have problems with the airbag deployment, but was there a big gash where the handle came through?

Jason

snkchmr 1

On mine the guy told me the cut was for inspection by Ford & after getting them I realized that it was from where the leaver would have been.
Mine also had missing plastic & the tracks had cut wires etc. I had the rear repaired & Boss removed and once I got them home I noticed the cover issue.
I really don’t think the guy knew this but at the end of the day he told me I was lucky to get them for what I paid & have a nice life.
I sent all the info to pay pal with pics & they sided with him.

I would have never made the purchase if I would have known this.

DarthLord

Established Member
For anyone looking for seats, you can contact me via pm. Both Plain and Snaked as well as custom versions are available. These are all leather no cloth available. Sorry your having a problem with your seller. I'm sure he was not aware. I have gotten quite and education on these seats the last couple of weeks.

As various posters stated before, these must have been test seats etc, as missing sensors, broken handles etc are common. This probably occured as they were handled from person to person.

Also of note Ford issued a TSB on the seat plastics for the safety belts and the harness plastics. Brand new cars with 20 miles are having issues with them as well.

snkchmr 1

DL sent me some pics of some of his today & I really wish I had talked to him first.
Give this guy a PM if you are looking for some of these seats.

snkchmr 1

No Prolem would love to have the Billet parts for Mustang Week & still talking to my Dad about your seats.

Users who are viewing this thread