Just got myself a Cobra

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Hello all. Just got myself a 97 Cobra. Pretty nice car. Interior is in excellent shape except for the white lettes rubbing off everything. Has Ford springs and UPR C/C plates installed. That's it for the suspension. The car has been repainted a metalic white. It kinda looks like a pearl color, but then again it doesn't. Hard to explain. But I love the color. Has a Cobra R hood on it which I don't really like. Would love to get a stock hood to put back on it but I am worried it will be hard to match up the paint.

As far as performance mods, it had a S/C installed but was removed because the guy who owned it gave it to his son and felt the power was to much. It already has fuel pump installed and he said it had 52# injectors installed. He had it retuned with an SCT 6000 (i think that's what he said) installed by the tuner.

My plans are full MM K member, torque arm, LCA and subframes. Not sure on the panhard. Would like to try watts link but not sure if the is on out there that will work with the MM torque arm. Have the same set up on my last 2 95 mustangs.

As far as motor, I'm not sure what I am going to do. My last 3 cars were 5.0 and I am a firm believer in compression. Since I dealing with a MOD motor now I know I have to rethink my approach. IMRC deletes are a must. I had these on my 05 and was one of my first mods, but that was with a S/C. I will be going with forged rods and pistons and plan on using the stock B heads. I feel that since I plan on going with a 4.10 gear these heads would be better. single best mod on my 05. So do I stay NA or go with a Procharger. I would like to go N/A with bumping up the compression a bit a installing new cams. I know that works great on a 5.0, but not so sure how that would work on a mod motor.

Anyway, I'm sure I will get to know some of you as I will be picking your brains alot.

poisonpony96

Established Member
Does it have a built motor just asking because of the 52lb injector with blower can make big numbers.

Chuckieduck

Established Member
Still has the stock bottom end but I already have a set of forged rods and pistons to go in. Going to also install some Mach 1 valve covers (I heard they bolt right up to B heads) and go with COP.

Another question I have is about the exhaust. It has an O/R x pipe which will have to be replaced wirh a catted one. Will I need to reinstall 02 sensors when I do that and get them programed back into the tune?

Chuckieduck

Established Member
You can't really see the metalic on the car. Too cloudy.

hqnewestpics027j

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread