Just installed Magnaflow Cat-Back Sounds like..

Shlby

Established Member
Like I said I just installed the Magnaflow catback on my 03 Cobra. I have a Mac o/r H for the mid pipe! Sounds good until you get on it, then it sounds like glass packs!! I have heard a lot of 03 Cobras with Magnaflows and they sound really good. I figured it must be the off road H. I ordered a Bassani X pipe but I'm not sure if that will take care of the Flabby Harley Blaaaa sound!!
My other exhaust was stock cat back with Flowmasters. That set up sounded great but with a little drone. I just changed to get bigger /better flowing tail pipes. Any suggestions?

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
sounds great with my o/r prochamber. I think the prochamber sounds the best with the magnaflow cb. i ditched the magnaflow o/r x. it was too raspy.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You're going to end up with a catted X.

The Maggie X sounds the best with their catback to me. I'm sure a catted Bassani would do nicely as well.

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
ReVviNg HiGh said:
sounds great with my o/r prochamber. I think the prochamber sounds the best with the magnaflow cb. i ditched the magnaflow o/r x. it was too raspy.

This whole topic is so ridiculously based in personal preference it's hardly worth discussing. Everyone likes something different.....case in point: I bought revving high's maggie o/r x & I love the way it sounds plus he gave me a great deal on it:beer: In the end, you'll end up finding something you like and sticking with it...or eventually coming back to it in my case. In the meantime, for every single exhaust combo available to bolt onto a mustang, there are five members here that will say it sounds like shit and five more that will say it was touched by the hand of god. ymmv.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would recommend the MRT catted H-pipe. I had the Magnaflow catted X-pipe and didn't like the tone. Too exotic sounding. MRT's retains the classic Mustang muscle tone. JMO.

That said, the number of combos is staggering and everyone has their own personal tastes as far as exhaust tone/sound/loudness.

BOOSTER03

Established Member
maggie or/x and maggie cat back now......boy does it sound like crap. Sounds like 10 harleys with a fartcanner in the background. I had a 5.0 with or/h pipe and flowmasters..........damn that sounded sweet! everyone says i need some high flow cats installed in the x pipe to get rid of that annoying BLLLAAAAATTTTT crap

TrickStang37

Established Member
i dont have any blat sound with my UPR o/r X with my Magnaflows. The exhaust is actually pretty quiet for the most part. I did have an awfull blat sound with the LM1's on there tho. obnoxious.

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
TrickStang37 said:
i dont have any blat sound with my UPR o/r X with my Magnaflows. The exhaust is actually pretty quiet for the most part. I did have an awfull blat sound with the LM1's on there tho. obnoxious.

my setup...love it.... :beer: :banana: :rockon: :pepper: :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread