Just my luck

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
well pull the car out this morning to get ready for a race this evening. Has I move the car back there is a puddle of red fluid under it. Pop the hood and low in anti freeze. Okay call and let the other guy know and now stuck with the punk out bet.

Change out the radiator, fill her up 1 hour 19 minutes, and do a few test runs. All is good. Show up at the spot and P2251 shows up. Don't know why all seems well so clear the code and line them up. Through 4th gear I get a shutter through the car and I have experienced this before. Last time it was the wheel sensors. I'm about 3 cars in front so I go to 5th with a few hundred feet to go and the car has a terrible vibration in it. Win the race and heading home.

Squeaking coming from the right rear wheel. No TPMS light so the sensors should still be intact. Soon as I put any pressure on the break it goes away. Pick up speed and about 80 mph I can feel and hear a roaring but when I slow down it squaking bad. I think I just may have bent an axle this time. Going to grab my brothers wheels (sold mine DOH) and take it to the dealer and see what they say lol. I think the axle is bent. I miss the old 3.55 rearend. It really took the abuse. I'm sure it won't be covered especially since the car has a wave lock in it. Oh well now have to figure out how to bulletproof this thing. Would be great if it was just a wheel bearing but that's my luck all in oneday.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I've noticed that my lower radiator hose has a small leak. I find coolant up on top of the chin skirt every once in a while, but the level in the tank has barely moved. I was able to track it to the three way joint in the lower hose as that's where the stains lead me. I'll probably take it in and let the dealer fix it since theres not much they can say to void that... Did you have an aftermarket radiator in it?

As for the rear end, just jack up the rear end and spin the wheels. See if they whobble at all. You should be able to tell if the axle's bent. It could be the caliper hanging up.

Last edited:

TexasShelby

Established Member
Might check your rear brakes....the float pin gets stuck and will lock down the caliper and will litterally grind it though the rotor. Hopefully that is all it is.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Thanks Pistolwhip and Texas Shelby. I will check today. That's the easiest solution I have heard and will hope that's the problem. Yeah had an aftermarket Radiator in it. Been doing it for a while and just couldn't find the mysterious leak. It's in the rows of fins behind the fan. I would see a drop every now and then under the car but didn't realize the splash guards were full and just letting the water blow back on the headers when going down the road. I started getting staining on the front of the motor but coldn't figure out where it was coming from.

Basically whenever the fan came on it was sucking the antifreeze off the rad and blowing it over the motor. So has I clean it all up today I'll check the caliper and see if I can find a way to ensure that it doesn't happen again. Thanks again gotta go and check it out

Users who are viewing this thread