Just plain nasty color combo

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I usually don't like black cars but that rear 3/4 shot is insane!! if you are looking for an R I don't think they will, I
500 per year has them seeing stars

It is both badass and sexy at the same time.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Man that would be the colour I would order. Is that a R only colour, or can the other 350's be ordered like that.

hunterp

Established Member
Man that would be the colour I would order. Is that a R only colour, or can the other 350's be ordered like that.

You can get the black with stripes, but the red pinstriping is exclusive to the R model I believe. Nothing says you can't add it after purchase though.

Silver TT

Established Member
Black%20GT350.jpg

Different modes in action...

[video=youtube;qlWPW0SHwu0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWPW0SHwu0[/video]

The stance on this thing looks incredible! Quick question for you guys who notice all the details. Aren't those the standard alumnium wheels from the GT350 on this GT350R body? The carbon fiber GT350R wheels I think are more 5 spoke and these are 8 or 10 spoke from what I can see.

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
The stance on this thing looks incredible! Quick question for you guys who notice all the details. Aren't those the standard alumnium wheels from the GT350 on this GT350R body? The carbon fiber GT350R wheels I think are more 5 spoke and these are 8 or 10 spoke from what I can see.

Nope, those are the R wheels.

Silver TT

Established Member
Nope, those are the R wheels.

Yep, you're right. Looked at a few more pics and they have more spokes than I thought. And look so badass on that R. Have a lead on a GT350 Track Pack but this makes the R seem worth the compromises. Watched that video 3x in a row and laughed out loud at the end each time. Insane sound.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I saw this car a Barrett Jackson WPB... It's literally the first S550 that stopped me in my tracks. It looks sick!

ThePrancingPony

Established Member
A bit OT for this particular thread - but are the "driving modes" here the same as what Roush is doing here?? I can't find a single detail on what sort of tech is in these "driving modes".

Driving modes will most probably adjust Traction Control, Steering Weight and Suspension Dampening.

So for e.g.

Mode 1 = Traction on, light steering, Soft (fast) Dampening.
Mode 2 = Traction semi on (allowing some slip), Medium weighted steering, Medium dampening.
Mode 3 = Traction off, Heavy steering, Hard (slow) Dampening.

Silver TT

Established Member
Driving modes will most probably adjust Traction Control, Steering Weight and Suspension Dampening.

So for e.g.

Mode 2 = Traction semi on (allowing some slip), Medium weighted steering, Medium dampening.

Do you happen to know if they will be interchangeable like the way BMW and Audi allow you to do hard transmission shifts and comfort suspension and loud exhaust all at the same time?

ThePrancingPony

Established Member
Do you happen to know if they will be interchangeable like the way BMW and Audi allow you to do hard transmission shifts and comfort suspension and loud exhaust all at the same time?

That will be possible since all of those functions have their own toggle switches.

However, I'm not sure if functions can be pre-configured by the user and saved as a driving mode.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member

So for e.g.

Hmm - sounds great on paper - but how the hell would that make such marked differences in the sound? Did you even look at the Roush link? It appears to be an "OBD-II actuated" exhaust baffle that is tied to the tune.... I am assuming the timing is dicked with and this valve somehow cuts out the resonator or something....
DSC_9458X-1024x682.jpg

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
The C6 Z06 had a dual mode exhaust back in '06.... This is old tech. Not sure what the curiosity is?
There is a direct pipe that bypasses most of the muffler baffles that is actuated by either rpm or a "race/track" mode that is selectable. It's that easy. You want it always open, there is usually a fuse that controls it.... Just pull it! It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Hmm - sounds great on paper - but how the hell would that make such marked differences in the sound? Did you even look at the Roush link? It appears to be an "OBD-II actuated" exhaust baffle that is tied to the tune.... I am assuming the timing is dicked with and this valve somehow cuts out the resonator or something....

The Roush kit bypasses the cats in race mode.

johnny-longtors

Haikeeba!
Established Member
The Roush kit bypasses the cats in race mode.
Ah - thanks. Explains the "not street legal" tag they put on that mode.

As far as "why the curiosity" - much like lots of information on these boards that members seem to think "everyone should just know" I'm not at all familiar with the tech. I've not bough a new car for myself in 11 years, and don't spend every waking moment fawning over them. I had zero interest in the S197 cars, the release of the S550 once again sparked my interest so I'm just trying to catch up.

Users who are viewing this thread