Just Some DSG (03 Cobra Content)

GoGreen04

Established Member
Felt like going out and snapping a few pictures of the Cobra. Hope you all enjoy.

4_zpsf910f8b7.jpg

9_zps8e8f4b19.jpg

8b_zpsbf27d0ea.jpg

3_zpsa6fb6458.jpg

2_zps1b148e05.jpg

5_zps0a0fc254.jpg

6_zps7ada54e0.jpg

1b_zpsa3e216fd.jpg

7_zps286d8250.jpg

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Pictures are great just need some love in post. DSG is a hard color to capture with shadows. Not my best work just a 5 minutes of tinkering Thoughts ? DSGSVTDSGSVT1.jpg

GoGreen04

Established Member
Pictures are great just need some love in post. DSG is a hard color to capture with shadows. Not my best work just a 5 minutes of tinkering Thoughts ? View attachment 15651

Yeah I like what you did there, colors are a bit much but I can tell the exposure just got brightened? I thought about brightening just that section of shadow but it would have made too much noise/grain. I really just need to invest in a better lens haha.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Yeah I like what you did there, colors are a bit much but I can tell the exposure just got brightened? I thought about brightening just that section of shadow but it would have made too much noise/grain. I really just need to invest in a better lens haha.
90 percent of this was done simply by setting whites and blacks properly. A touch of exposure and luminance adjustment on shadow and nose of car. Heavier blues in the sky that a bout it could go back and tone down the grass a tad. I primarily do b/w backgrounds anyway. If you want later tonight I can do that. Just takes a lil more time.

GoGreen04

Established Member
90 percent of this was done simply by setting whites and blacks properly. A touch of exposure and luminance adjustment on shadow and nose of car. Heavier blues in the sky that a bout it could go back and tone down the grass a tad. I primarily do b/w backgrounds anyway. If you want later tonight I can do that. Just takes a lil more time.

Can you post up one of your pictures done this way?

03dsgcobranc

Fujiwara zone
Established Member
Nice pics. Need some side shots in direct sun to show the metallic in the paint too.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Can you post up one of your pictures done this way?
I deff will once I get home

Actually look here:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1014933-A-few-pics-from-my-group-of-buddies-from-SCT-KC

These were taken at night with a shit ton of Florescent lights beaming on the cars. I ll get you some in sunlight later on tonight.

Last edited:

Mach828

Established Member
I was doing the same thing as posted above. Little work with those shadows would do wonders. Seems like DSG is really sensitive to the lighting differences. Pics are too dark to clean up the dark shadows, it starts distorting the image in photoshop.

dsgedit2_zps0c6988f0.png

Last edited:

GoGreen04

Established Member
View attachment 15687

This is more my style, I feel it gives photos more depth.

That does look good but I would say it would look better with a color like torch red or sonic blue, colors that are vibrant. I think the DSG kind of gets lost with all the monotones of black and white around it. Actually that process would look killer if the car was screaming yellow!

Users who are viewing this thread