Just to clarify....

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with running Belltech's drop spindle for these trucks.

I see tons of people asking about cutting coils, etc. To me that is just a hack way of lowering the truck. That is totally fine if that is the route you wish to take, however I just wanted to offer my $.02 and say that the Belltech spindle is a quality piece, I have over 40k miles on mine and have had not ONE issue with them.

tis' all.

:beer:

LSUstang05

Established Member
Belltech's spindles are great as are their Springs. I have the springs and haven't had any issues with them at all and they dropped me a good 3 inches in the front.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Belltech spindles here and No issues in 3 years that I had them. I also have a cut JDM dragspring on it with no isalotar.
019-2.gif
This is a friends truck it has Belltech spindles with 1.5 Hotckis springs
008-6.gif

uncooked

Established Member
Looks sweet, what kind of measurement are you seeing from the ground to the fender lip ? Or whatever else you use to get a measurement so I can go see how much lower you are than me :beer:

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
My truck is at PSI Motorsports with Bogarts on it but I will get you a measurement on the Silver one tommorrow! Center of wheel to fender lip

uncooked

Established Member
That would be awesome man. I fought hard with myself on doing this as my truck was hooking so dam hard last year. But I decided If I do lose anything the look will be worth it ....

Knowing that trucks like yours (slammed + Power) are still hooking hard at the track is motivation to do it and make it work.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
I also have a c-notch on mine for the weight transfer and rides alot better! Best 60 ft been 1.51

uncooked

Established Member
Well I'm not looking for that low yet but I was cutting 1.78 - 1.84 consistent on the truck basically stock on torn up hankooks. Now that it has some some decent mods as well as some Hoosiers we'll see what I can 60'

Track opens in a month :rockon:

alightningfan08

Saving up 4 a Whipple!
Established Member
Anybody using Hotchkis leafs and JLP 2-3-4" Drop Shackles as their rear setup? I just put my shackles on this past weekend and want lower, but don't really want to do any leaf removal.

Andy what is your full setup F&R?

SilvieBolt

The whore that’s blue
Established Member
I have them also. a few problems I dont like abou them. Your turning radius is cut almost half, you can not use your spare tire , you need special adapters to fit skinnies up front. Other than these I love them. They ride nice, your geometry is unscalthed.

RIDE THE

Shake & Bake
Established Member
There is a loss of steering radius, but it is not that much. I found that I only lost 1/2 a turn in each direction.

Compared to the ride that I had before my truck drives like a Caddy with the BT dropped spindles and the FRPP springs.

ACSVT

1st Ford
Established Member
I have them also. a few problems I dont like abou them. Your turning radius is cut almost half, you can not use your spare tire , you need special adapters to fit skinnies up front. Other than these I love them. They ride nice, your geometry is unscalthed.

Thats why you need a matching full size 18" spare! :beer:

I have the hotchkis leafs/belltech shackles in the rear, with the spindles/roush coils up front. QA1s all around..

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member

I had borgart make me a skinny 4 1/4 wide with a 1 3/4 backspace no need for adaptors with the spindles

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
Looks sweet, what kind of measurement are you seeing from the ground to the fender lip ? Or whatever else you use to get a measurement so I can go see how much lower you are than me :beer:

Front center of cap to lip of fender is 15 3/4 and back is 17 inches

Users who are viewing this thread