Just watched Top Gear

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Watching top gear and they had a comparison between the Shelby GT 500 and Boss 302. Shelby held it's own not to be so track oriented. Great episode. Amazing watching two stock cars battle so closely and both being Fords lol

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
yea, roush stage 3 vs boss 302(non-LS). the boss was down 100HP, but still beat the roush by a solid margin on the test track. shows you what a properly tuned factory car will do vs an aftermarket bolt on and sticker package. the roushs have this rep for great handling, but the boss absolutely put it to shame.

and if you haven't watched the first episode of the second half of this season(they split season 2 for some reason), then you have no room to say it "sucks". was absolutely ****ing hilarious!
big rig episode...
top gear: big rigs
muscle car episode...
Top Gear — Top Gear: Muscle Cars — History.com Videos

BTW, you guys really need to learn how to operate google.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

Thanks for the link. Some of the comments made in this episode are great. I love how they constantly dis the 2012 Camaro SS, as they have every right too. Why in the hell would he have selected as auto? FAIL!

Some very funny quotes from the episode.

direct towards the guy driving the Camaro:

"Does your husband own one?"

Talking about the Mustang:

"It's still plagued with a solid rear axle and heavy front end."

Are these guys serious? It has the LIGHTEST front end and overall weight of all three cars. DUMB COMMENT!!! Still on the SRA is inferior to the IRS huh. Hmmm, maybe you didn't get the memo that it is able to compete on the road course, and win. :dw:

Last edited:

DMotorsports

Established Member
I've seen every episode that's aired since the show started. IMO, it's not terrible, but it certainly doesn't live up to the British version. The filming isn't quite as good, and it seems like every time they compare new vehicles, they never declare a clear winner. Always seems to end in a "tie". Their best episodes are the ones where they have to buy some old pos and complete a series of challenges. The Alaska one was pretty good.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I've seen every episode that's aired since the show started. IMO, it's not terrible, but it certainly doesn't live up to the British version.

I agree, the Brit's show is better than US and Aussie.

It's comical how the Americans were sweating 150 mph around a NASCAR track, while the Brits were doing 200+ around the 8 mile circle track in Europe.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The American Top gear is getting better. It's easy to dog it in comparison to the UK version. But the British Top Gear has been around a long time and have a great cast. They didn't start out where they are now. Something I had/have to remind myself about the US version. Tanner actually drives for Ford so i figured he wouldn't be in the mistang to try to even things out just like putting Rutledge in the SRT8 392 against an SS auto and 3rd tear mustang. It's nice to see that it's gotten much better this season. We are A.D.D in this culture so thy have to get with it quick or else americans lose interest. It's hard to match the environment that the British trio has created and honed over time.
Top Gear series is geared more for entertainment then facts just like 5th gear was facts mixed with some passion. I like both better then MT/Car and drive/test drive which is all facts no frill.
It is funny that the straight axle mustang was the one that won the autocross challenge. Imagine if Ford used an IRS designed from the get go in one. I did love the bashing of the Auto. "does your husband own one?"

Last edited:

NJSP117

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Some of the comments made in this episode are great. I love how they constantly dis the 2012 Camaro SS, as they have every right too. Why in the hell would he have selected as auto? FAIL!

"Does your wife have one?"

Are these guys serious? It has the LIGHTEST front end and overall weight of all three cars. DUMB COMMENT!!! Still on the SRA is inferior to the IRS huh. Hmmm, maybe you didn't get the memo that it is able to compete on the road course, and win. :dw:

I liked the comment about the Camaro where they said:

"Here comes Tanner driving Barbie's Camaro" Or something to that extent....pretty fitting....

The other thing was, who would put a Tan interior in a White and Orange car? A blind person?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I liked the comment about the Camaro where they said:

"Here comes Tanner driving Barbie's Camaro" Or something to that extent....pretty fitting....

The other thing was, who would put a Tan interior in a White and Orange car? A blind person?

I'm sure those comments echoed on Camaro5 forums for a minute. :lol1:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
......then deleted by a moderator the next minute to protect the breed.

7nTnr.png

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member

"Does your wife have one?"

LOL, yea, the camaro comments were hilarious!
they probably got stuck with an auto camaro from GM, the manus have a limited number of press cars they lend out. the mags always bitch about not getting the exact car they want in there comparos.
the solid axle comments for the mustang, well they gotta say something about it, right? anyone who isn't retardedly biased would have to say that the mustang is just the better all around car than the other two. faster, better handling, higher quality. gotta rag on it somehow, LOL.

I've seen every episode that's aired since the show started. IMO, it's not terrible, but it certainly doesn't live up to the British version. The filming isn't quite as good, and it seems like every time they compare new vehicles, they never declare a clear winner. Always seems to end in a "tie". Their best episodes are the ones where they have to buy some old pos and complete a series of challenges. The Alaska one was pretty good.
keep in mind that it also isn't government/tax payer funded, like the UK top gear. the budget simply doesn't compare.
i haven't seen many 'tied' comparisons. the cheby won the 'strongest pickup' comparo, and that was with tanner driving the ford(the cheb won despite him being sponsered by ford).

The American Top gear is getting better. It's easy to dog it in comparison to the UK version. But the British Top Gear has been around a long time and have a great cast. They didn't start out where they are now.
Top Gear Season 1 Episode 8 - full episode - Car Videos on StreetFire
yep.

SlowSVT

Established Member
That was nothing more then "entertainment" for the unenlightened masses then a real subjective comparison :xpl:

Like any good automotive "journalist" they don't want to offend the nice people who loaned them those cars to romp on. Therefore everyone gets to go home with a prize :banana:

:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread