KB 2.6 install help!

Palacios289

Established Member
good morning. I am just about done wrapping up my KB 2.6 swap. I am having difficulty with the EGR tube! I wrestled the tube for about 2 hours last night. I gave up as I lost my voice from all the swearing.

Any tips?

GodStang

Established Member
What issues are you having? Can't get the bolts in? Can't get it attached to the header?

cj428mach

Established Member
Never worked on a KB but if you left the EGR valve bolts loose and have the EGR tube loose at the header/manifold it should fit. If not you have major problems.

I've had to tweak my EGR tube over the years for my TVS's and my headers, I just put a massive box end wrench over the tube and use it to bend the tube.

GodStang

Established Member
Never worked on a KB but if you left the EGR valve bolts loose and have the EGR tube loose at the header/manifold it should fit. If not you have major problems.

I've had to tweak my EGR tube over the years for my TVS's and my headers, I just put a massive box end wrench over the tube and use it to bend the tube.

Yes this is the way to do it even on a KB.

Palacios289

Established Member
Godstang, the egr valve is installed. I left the bolts a touch loose to give me some give. I cannot attach the EGR tube to the EGR valve. I am just a few hairs off. I am trying hard not too bend too hard as I did not want to make it worse.

CJ428mach, I did not think about loosening the tube at the manifold! DUH That should do the trick as I am pretty close.

cj428mach

Established Member
Godstang, the egr valve is installed. I left the bolts a touch loose to give me some give. I cannot attach the EGR tube to the EGR valve. I am just a few hairs off. I am trying hard not too bend too hard as I did not want to make it worse.

CJ428mach, I did not think about loosening the tube at the manifold! DUH That should do the trick as I am pretty close.

I've been able to reach the nut on my stock manifolds between the body and the kmember. The wrench will fit between the opening and let you get the nut loosen/tightened.

Palacios289

Established Member
I am getting close. I wish I could remove the EGR crap. It would make the routing of the head cooling mod and PCV so much cleaner.

in other news, i have to extend the TPS wiring. it would be stretched to make the connection.

Attachments

• kb2.6.jpg
    kb2.6.jpg
    483 KB · Views: 129

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Can you pull the wiring out of the loom to get some slack? That's odd that the harness barely reaches.

Palacios289

Established Member
slo894, I am going to try tonight, put my problem is I have huge gorilla hands so I don't have much room to work with under the plenum.

Users who are viewing this thread