KB Cobra vs 2 C5 Vette's

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
Race 1:

I was out cruising on a beautiful night with a buddy not really looking for races, but just to enjoy the evening and, while behind a line of cars in the left lane, a white targa top C5 Vette flys past in the right lane. I could hear that he had exhaust, so I switched lanes and caught up to him. We went through a few lights and finally caught one. I switched lanes again to get alongside him and threw him a rev. He was a guy in his probably late 30's-mid 40's with his, I assume, wife. He was blasting the song Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes lol, but he looked over and laughed. He gave it a little gas and that pushed him forward some, so I knew then that it was an auto.
Light turns yellow, I bring the revs up to about 2.5-3k and quick slip the clutch out on red. I think he got a quarter to half a car on me before I blew his doors off. Ended up with only about 2 cars when I got hard on the brakes because another car pulled out in front of me.

Caught the next light heading out of town. Round two! Light goes green, same result, but I stayed in it and so did he up to about 120...had like 2 or more bus lenghts. Guy was cool and honked a few times and then we both turned off.

Race 2:

After heading back toward home, I noticed some HID/LED lights a couple blocks behind me. I pull over to let them catch up just to see what I was. Another C5 Vette! This one was a convertible in that beautiful blue color. Guy kinda gooses it a little as we come up to a light and heard the auto downshift. I give him a rev and wait for the light to change. I hooked up pretty well and pulled right away on my way to another win. We roll up to the next light and guy says the car sounds awesome and he's now deaf lol. He just bought the car earlier in the day and had taken it to a local car show. He asked to run them one more time.
Light turns green, I hook, and just take the F off on him like he just shifted to reverse. I slow down to let him catch up. We're all smiles as we wave and part ways. My buddy says, "He may have just bought that today, but I bet he returns it on Monday!" LOL

First time racing any Vette's. I know they aren't really in my league, HP wise, but it was all fun!

Users who are viewing this thread