KB Prices went back up.

Jpjr

Established Member
yeasure said:
If you honestly add in everything thats honestly needed(to be on the safe side) they both come out around the same price.
But the whipple will be around 400 bucks cheaper over all(in that area).
But hey, if you have 4-5 grand to spend, whats 400 bucks more......lmao

lol..exactly. why nickel and dime a 5 grand purchase when all is said and done. pick the one that you like best and work out a deal. obviously power is not an issue with both so for me customer tech service and reliability will prove to be the main factors.

Tat03Cobra

Established Member
Silver03Snake said:
A BAP comes with the kit.

I didn't know you could deduct the chip today. You couldn't in the past. If that's true then I would definately go with the KB. I like the way peope think that going with a Whipple will save them money. If you go with a Whipple, you'll have to buy a set of gaskets and many other small pieces like vacuum lines and fittings that come in the KB kit. You aint "savin" much I can tell ya especially when you add in your time and costs running around ordering and picking it up.

The KB comes with an illustrated instruction manual and if this is your first blower swap a manual will be helpfull. The Whipple did not have a manual at one time. Not sure about now. You should also plan on 55-60# injectors and a MAF Extender or SCT meter at the same time. Anything over 500 rwhp require these changes as well as a BAP and/or Focus pumps.

What the holy hell are you talking about?? Have you installed a whipple on an 03 yet? I have, and i did it in my garage. I did not need any additional items other than what came in the kit. And yes, it came with an illustrated manual. Even the Hobb's switch that comes with the BAP had a nice perfect place to screw into on the back of the blower - no tee's, or anything was needed.
Stop posting when you dont know what you are talking about :bash:

Of course with the KB or whipple, you need to upgrade the injectors, and maf. 60's by the way have a better spray pattern - anyone knowledgable will tell you that

peace

Last edited:

Eatonup

Established Member
Tat03Cobra said:
What the holy hell are you talking about?? Have you installed a whipple on an 03 yet? I have, and i did it in my garage. I did not need any additional items other than what came in the kit. And yes, it came with an illustrated manual. Even the Hobb's switch that comes with the BAP had a nice perfect place to screw into on the back of the blower - no tee's, or anything was needed.
Stop posting when you dont know what you are talking about :bash:

Of course with the KB or whipple, you need to upgrade the injectors, and maf. 60's by the way have a better spray pattern - anyone knowledgable will tell you that

peace

Does the Whipple kit come with new gaskets, RTV, bolts, and belt like the KB or is it just the blower? I personally do not want to use old gaskets at 17+ PSI. :uh oh:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
davbrucas said:
linn at amazon quoted me $3050 for the black one and $3550 for the other. he quoted you $2950? :shrug: :bs:

I think you are mistaken about the pricing I gave you..you were given the sames price as everyone else was because I cut and pasted since I have had so many Pms to respond to.

combatstang

BoOsTaHoLiC
Established Member
Here are KB's pricing for everyone that doesn't know

Here are KB's pricing for everyone that doesn't know
KC@KB said:
High sales volume has allowed us to lower the price of our most popular and powerful kit - the time tested and proven ‘03-‘04 Cobra 2.2L. and 2.4L.

COBRAS_LINED_UP_KC.jpg

New Cobra Kits Rolling off the Assembly Line

2.2L KIT NEW PRICES

$3149 No BOOST-A-PUMP or SWITCH CHIP

$3399 Includes BOOST-A-PUMP

$3699 Includes BOOST-A-PUMP & SWITCH CHIP

2.4L KIT NEW PRICES

$3449 No BOOST-A-PUMP or SWITCH CHIP

$3699 Includes BOOST-A-PUMP

$3999 Includes BOOST-A-PUMP & SWITCH CHIP

The Kenne Bell BOOST-A-PUMP and Kenne Bell Factory Tuned SWITCH CHIP are optional but HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. If you decide to pass on them, we suggest some serious thought be given to who will tune the car and the cost and quality of the tune. Even our competitor’s kit owners who don’t have the option of purchasing a factory engineered fuel system and chip are ordering them from Kenne Bell. That should tell you something. They know that one is playing with fire by staying with the stock chip and fuel system.

We’ve been asked if Kenne Bell has any plans to match our competitor’s lower prices. Kenne Bell superchargers have always been “top of the line”, and so they are priced higher than ones who offer less. However, when we are able to mass produce the kits in higher volume, this brings our prices down, and so we are passing those savings on to you. In the past, we did not offer these kits with options. Based on requests by our customers, we now have added these options.

We sell ONLY direct or to select, reputable Installers. We’re biased, of course, but we’d like to believe that the slightly lower “group price” offered by the dot.com middleman companies may well be the main reason for buying a competitor’s kit. Instead, buy factory direct from Kenne Bell and eliminate all your concerns about safely calibrating your kit, tech assistance, after sale service and long term product reliability. We’ve been here since 1968 and in the Mustang supercharger business since 1991, so Kenne Bell will be around if you need us. And our drives don’t have a breakage problem, nor will they fatigue and fail 6 months or a year from now. The Kenne Bell may cost a little more, but we think the larger bearings, shafts, bolts, billet case etc. justify the difference in cost. And if someone can prove to me that “smaller and cheaper is better” and it’ll live at 24+ psi, count on me to switch and save money.

NEW PRODUCTS

(Factory Calibrated Kits)

The mixing and matching of 42, 55 and 60lb injectors, chips, 90mm and 2400 kg meters, meter adaptors, cool air kits, hot air kits, fuel systems etc. is number one on our customer complaint list. So we turned to the flow bench and dyno to engineer and tune our new complete bolt on INJECTOR-CHIP-METER-FUEL SYSTEM-COOL AIR-THROTTLE BODY kit packages for the new 2400kg SCT meters with Kenne Bell supercharger kits.

FLOWBENCH_W_STAND_rs.jpg

"Stack" Readied For KB Inlet Component Testing

Each piece from the filter to the supercharger inlet is bolted to the flow bench stand and carefully analyzed and altered to provide the maximum flow. Even a new monster 5" Cool Air Kit was developed to handle those 600HP plus combos. These kits are designed for those who choose not to go with the added expense of custom tuning and mixed product selection. For example: Did you know that just a cool air kit or a meter screen can affect air fuel ratio by a full 1.5 points and put your engine in the danger zone. Much more on that soon. We’re conducting dyno and flow bench tests all week on meters, throttle bodies, manifolds, cool air kits, etc. Look for some new tests on superchargers and the new Kenne Bell products and calibrations. We believe it will be both interesting and informative.

DRIVE UPDATE

See http://www.kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/03_cobra_drive.pdf for an overview of the ‘03 Cobra drive. There are 2 basic types of drive failures, instant breakage and long term fatigue of the components. Our original drive test program indicated that failures were not just due to “rough” burnouts out of the waterbox. The long term stresses result mainly from hitting the rev limiter and gear changing. Both cause the engine to shut down and instantly attempted to halt and then restart the high rpm - high inertia rotation of the supercharger rotors.

These conditions also add abnormal loads to all the supercharger parts i.e. rotor shafts, bearings, gears etc. No problem here with our superchargers. All components are “oversized” and thoroughly tested.

DRIVE_W_PULLEY.jpg

KB Heavy Duty Drive Internals

There has never been a single Kenne Bell bearing, shaft or gear structural failure under any condition - and we’ve conducted some outrageous tests. Kenne Bell tested for all these scenarios with both our Lightning 12mm vent bolt drive and the Cobra 10mm drive. We sold hundreds of these 10mm drives. The few bolt breakage failures we experienced were from race customers running very high boost (21-26). Since we had NEVER experienced a failure in any of the hundreds of 12mm Lightning drives, we switched the 2.2L Cobra kit over to this 12mm vent bolt design. Same results as the Lightning. No failure under any conditions. This was a case where the product was trouble free for 99% of our customers, but we chose to make it 100% with the 12mm bolts.

I should also point out that both of the Kenne Bell drive designs (10mm and 12mm) negate any possibility of a bolt actually loosening up or falling out under any application. That condition was not and is not acceptable and is one of the main reasons we stayed with the simple but trouble free Autorotor drive concept of bolt-pulley-shaft-bolt, wherein the pulley is clamped to the driveshaft with a huge 12mm bolt and the one piece driveshaft bolts to a coupler that connects to the rotor (see photo). There has NEVER been a case where a Kenne Bell pulley bolt has loosened. We’ve broken a few 10mm bolts, but that has already been explained.

There has been a lot of speculation and some misinformation circulating about Kenne Bell drives. I hope this clarifies the Kenne Bell drive situation for our customers. If there are any further questions, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Jim Bell

Users who are viewing this thread