Kenne Bell 2.2 Dyno Numbers List

03cobraracer

Established Member
I still have mine but I may sell it soon and get a TVS or whipple. I do love the blower scream though ha. Gonna see what I can get for it.

craneb4

Established Member
I still have mine but I may sell it soon and get a TVS or whipple. I do love the blower scream though ha. Gonna see what I can get for it.

I bought mine off an SVTP member three years ago for $2,300 shipped. Had 10K miles when I bought it. It was also polished. If yours is in good shape I don't see why you couldn't sell it for around $2K.

Zemedici

Established Member

PM me when you're selling, i'll snag it from you a long as price is right. I'm about to post a WTB thread.

craneb4

Established Member
Hey guys,

I know this is an old thread but I figured I'd chime in! You don't see a ton of 2.2L KB's anymore, which is understandable because technology and efficiency has come a long way with other blowers such as the 2.9L Whipple and VMP blowers. But IMO they are still the best sounding blower to ever be put on these cars! Here's my setup...

2.75" Upper
Stock Lower
Alky Controls Alcohol Injection
Kooks LT's-Back
All other supporting mods, but still stock pumps with a Boost-A-Pump!

On an 85 degree day, it made 18.5# and put out 632 RWHP / 540 RWTQ. Makes 20ish PSI when it's cooler out. Best quarter mile pass is a 10.84 @ 132 with a 1.71 60'. Tuned by Lidio at Alternative Auto.

Car will be back on the dyno in a few weeks. Upgraded the lower pulley to a 2# lower (which may not help much because it'll just produce more heat) but we will see how it goes. Anyone on here running a 2.75" upper and a 2# lower with the old 2.2L?

**UPDATE**

I had the car on the dyno today and with only the addition of the 2# lower pulley and the car made 671 RWHP / 622 RWTQ @ 23 PSI. Very surprised at the numbers coming up from 632 / 540...

Last edited:

craneb4

Established Member
93 and Alky Controls Meth Kit (VP M1). I didn't believe the numbers so I took it to a buddy's dyno jet across town and it made 657 RWHP / 603 RWTQ. So not quite as high but still impressive. Very happy.

CobraFrenzy

Established Member
Running a 3" upper and 2lb lower. 93 with meth 592/536

I want to up it a little bit. Should i run 3" upper and 4lb lower or 2.93" upper and 2lb lower. Not sure what would be best for me

Users who are viewing this thread