Kenne Bell 2.8 lc dyno numers

03' White Snake

Established Member
whats smallest pulley you can run on a 2.8 non lc kenne bell?
Wow, bumped a 4 yr old thread. Nice.

I have a 3” Pulley with a 2lb lower I run. 26 psi of boost.

KB does not rate the blowers on boost, but RPM. I calculated it out and I am 300 rpm under the max with a 3” upper, 2 lb lower and at 6500 rpm.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
Wow, bumped a 4 yr old thread. Nice.

I have a 3” Pulley with a 2lb lower I run. 26 psi of boost.

KB does not rate the blowers on boost, but RPM. I calculated it out and I am 300 rpm under the max with a 3” upper, 2 lb lower and at 6500 rpm.
so what would be smallest upper pulley only size i could run?

03' White Snake

Established Member
so what would be smallest upper pulley only size i could run?

2.75” is the smallest upper only. Should be 26.5 psi (will drop with headers). I would not run more than 22 psi without head studs, but that is up too to you.

It can all be found here.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
2.75” is the smallest upper only. Should be 26.5 psi (will drop with headers). I would not run more than 22 psi without head studs, but that is up too to you.

It can all be found here.

My car has headers and full exhaust, e85, head cooling mod, killer chiller etc. Im on a 3.1 pulley right now. What would you think a good pulley size would be to net me some more power?

InvisibleBlade

Highway to Hell
Established Member
My car has headers and full exhaust, e85, head cooling mod, killer chiller etc. Im on a 3.1 pulley right now. What would you think a good pulley size would be to net me some more power?
I had same mods as you, minus killer chiller, and I gained 50whp going from 3" to 2.75". Nothing else was changed. One thing to remember is, the blower is always going to be spinning faster so it's up to you to decide the power vs wear&tear on the blower.

03' White Snake

Established Member

KB does not make a 3.1” pulley. Look at the chart I posted earlier.

how much power are you making?

I make 824hp and 767tq on a standard inlet 2.8h non liquid cooled at 22 psi on E85. I don’t have numbers for my 26 psi tune. I have a built motor, with raised CR.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
KB does not make a 3.1” pulley. Look at the chart I posted earlier.

how much power are you making?

I make 824hp and 767tq on a standard inlet 2.8h non liquid cooled at 22 psi on E85. I don’t have numbers for my 26 psi tune. I have a built motor, with raised CR.
It has a billet flow 3.10 pulley on it…631hp

03' White Snake

Established Member
It has a billet flow 3.10 pulley on it…631hp
On E85? 631 hp is low. Those are 93 numbers. Stock motor, 20 psi on 93 I was making 612 hp.

My buddies car, stock motor, 2.8 LC, made 707 HP on 22.4 psi on E85. Made 753HP on 24 psi.

Either you are on a hub dyno or something else is wrong here.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
On E85? 631 hp is low. Those are 93 numbers. Stock motor, 20 psi on 93 I was making 612 hp.

My buddies car, stock motor, 2.8 LC, made 707 HP on 22.4 psi on E85. Made 753HP on 24 psi.

Either you are on a hub dyno or something else is wrong here.
Previous owner wanted a realiable car so he kept the power down and it has potential of upping the power a lot. That’s why I’m trying to figure out best combo before I go get it retuned.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Previous owner wanted a realiable car so he kept the power down and it has potential of upping the power a lot. That’s why I’m trying to figure out best combo before I go get it retuned.

Something is off. 3.1” pulley should be making damn near 24 lbs of boost. I would not worry about adding more power as to getting it tuned correctly like that. You should be mid 700 hp on E85 with that much boost.

BlownShelby10

Established Member
Something is off. 3.1” pulley should be making damn near 24 lbs of boost. I would not worry about adding more power as to getting it tuned correctly like that. You should be mid 700 hp on E85 with that much boost.
mid 700 on just a 2.8 kenne bell and not a built motor? I am new to the kenne bell world. Ive had ported and pullied cars before but nothing like this one...

03' White Snake

Established Member
mid 700 on just a 2.8 kenne bell and not a built motor? I am new to the kenne bell world. Ive had ported and pullied cars before but nothing like this one...

Yes, E85 and a KB 2.8 blower 22 psi of boost (stock motor) should be over 700 hp easy. With a 3” pulley should be well into 700 hp range. I would suggest 22 psi and below without head studs. But that is up too you. Some run 24 psi fine without them but that is a bomb waiting to go off. Going to push out a head gasket without studs at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread