Kenne bell boost a pump install 2010

Nsssane1

Established Member
Man these instructions are terrible, I need to know which color wires go to Fpdm1 input color you used and then the output.

The instructions say one thing then you get another piece of paper with a change, then you look at a diagram and it's different.

So Fpdm1 cut the wire connect ______ wire for fused input and ______ non fused wire for output.

Same for fpdm2 wire.

Then we have the fuse says remove #41 well thats not a fuse on my car so which # fuse, then remove fuse in auxiliary small fuse holder and replace and I dont have that one.

Thanks for any help.

Van@RevanRacing

Man these instructions are terrible, I need to know which color wires go to Fpdm1 input color you used and then the output.

The instructions say one thing then you get another piece of paper with a change, then you look at a diagram and it's different.

So Fpdm1 cut the wire connect ______ wire for fused input and ______ non fused wire for output.

Same for fpdm2 wire.

Then we have the fuse says remove #41 well thats not a fuse on my car so which # fuse, then remove fuse in auxiliary small fuse holder and replace and I dont have that one.

Thanks for any help.

Just an FYI. Ford has been known to use "Whatever Wire they can get their hands on that day" to wire FPDM's. Had a customer the other day with all red wires in and out of his FPDM.

Also Ford changed the wiring in 2010 and then again in 2011 and again.

What do the supplements say?

Nsssane1

Established Member
My wire colors are correct.

FPDM 1- Purple/white

FPDM 2- Tan/ Purple

These are correct, the Kenne Bell part is confusing me, you have a red fused input and a blue fused input. You have a red unfused output and a blue unfused output. I'm trying to figure which on goes where.

The diagram shows fpdm1 to blue input to red then shows hooks to fpdm2 that doesn't seem right.

Insert says Please note where the manuel shows a red wire for FPDM 1, this wire has been changed to blue.

Follow the arrows, that cant be right. can it.

bap.jpg

Last edited:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Called Kenne bell,

They say doesn't matter which color on what side. Just have to match red to red. Blue to blue

So FPDM1 input red to FPDM1 output red or you can use blue as long as you match wire color.

#13 and #14 fuse is the one you need to change to a 30 amp.

bd2bonez06

Established Member
Called Kenne bell,

They say doesn't matter which color on what side. Just have to match red to red. Blue to blue

So FPDM1 input red to FPDM1 output red or you can use blue as long as you match wire color.

#13 and #14 fuse is the one you need to change to a 30 amp.

thats what i did, cause mine were different. My instructions had two fused reds, but my BAP had a fused blue and fused red so just matched red/red: blue/blue fused coming from front unused towards connector

Nsssane1

Established Member
Here we go again, the boost sensor they supplied the instructions are nothing like my car, where do you tap into the line at. where do you mount the sensor?

Think I read in a google search some people just twisted the wires togther didn't use the switch???????

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Correct. Most people wire it so the BAP is on all of the time instead of being boost refrenced.

I should be installing my BAP on my 2010 soon as well :)

bd2bonez06

Established Member
Here we go again, the boost sensor they supplied the instructions are nothing like my car, where do you tap into the line at. where do you mount the sensor?

Think I read in a google search some people just twisted the wires togther didn't use the switch???????

That's what I did

Nsssane1

Established Member
Sweet that makes it alot easier, just hope it doesn't hurt the pump's from running like this all the time.

Last edited:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Correct. Most people wire it so the BAP is on all of the time instead of being boost refrenced.

I should be installing my BAP on my 2010 soon as well :)

Remember need black electrical tape, soldier gun. 2010 model, wire colors from Ford could change.

Remove spare tire cover, remove trim panel that covers trunk latch(to have access to pump module's), 4 push pins, move tire pump.

FPDM 2 (pass side)tan/purple cut wire connect blue fused wire from Bap to tan/purple wire that comes from fusebox. input
Connect blue unfused wire output to tan/purple wire that goes to FPDM2. soldier, add heat shrink,tape.

photo3.jpg

FPDM 1 (driver side)Purple/white cut wire connect red fused wire from BAP to purple/white wire that comes from fusebox. input
Connect red unfused wire output to purple/white wire that goes to FPDM 1. soldier, add heat shrink,tape.

photo2.jpg

Connect ground, twist boost switch wire together, mount boost a pump. (My 2010) had to mount at 9 oclock or so due to other spots uneven couldn't get all mounting screws in. Also turned upside down to make sure wires weren't tight.

photo.jpg

Go in fusebox replace 15 amp fuse with 30 amp. 2010 fuse #13 & #14. done!!

Last edited:

mgmustang1

Established Member
nice work, did you hook up the boost control sensor or just fuse the wires together?

fullboogie

Established Member
Definitely the worst instructions ever - looks like they were written by Ray Charles. I called Van and he walked me through it, but it required removing all of the factory electrical tape to both FPDM's.

jps043

Established Member
Will these instructions work for a 2013 Shelby as well, or was the wiring changed again? What '13 fuses need to be changed to 30amps?

Just got the answer from KB and it's FR13 and FR14

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread