Kenny bell or whipple

Greasy7stang

Established Member
I have a bone stock 2008 gt500
Looking for a street moster but drive anywhere
I could do the pulley cai tune combo but I'm not sure it will be nough for me as I am a gear head like U guys
What do u guys suggestnas far as a blower
600-700 hp is plenty for me.....
Also how much hp with the stock components safely take... In regards to short block and drivetrain....any help will be greatly appreciated....
Thanks guys

testorossa1989

Established Member
Whipples the way to go hands down. Put a 3.4 on that sucker and enjoy the ride to work or the carshow or the track.

Everything else you listed comes down to tuning, fuel, and how crazy you want to go before being risky. Start off small and work your way up IMO

Last edited:

SuperFly03

Established Member
I went the VMP TVS route. Bypassed the KB/Whipple 2liter options. 2.3L and more torque than you can shake a stick at.

UncleSAm

Blow Me
Established Member
I think between those two blowers it comes down to what kind of look and what kind of sound you want. Besides that they are both air compressors and they both work great at what they do

Van@RevanRacing

I have a bone stock 2008 gt500
Looking for a street moster but drive anywhere
I could do the pulley cai tune combo but I'm not sure it will be nough for me as I am a gear head like U guys
What do u guys suggestnas far as a blower
600-700 hp is plenty for me.....
Also how much hp with the stock components safely take... In regards to short block and drivetrain....any help will be greatly appreciated....
Thanks guys

If you want to discuss the differences on the phone I am available tomorrow.

The information is enlightening. I have opined on the differences many times in different threads here on SVTP.

Van

JimIII@jdm

Ive never been a huge fan of the Kenne Bell because they heat soak quickly and hold the heat in way longer than any other supercharger. This is because their Supercharger case is constructed out of Billet aluminum which although incredibly durable, is not porous so it will not let heat escape. No question however they do make good power.

The Whipple chargers are casted aluminum, very durable, and look clean almost OEM under the hood. We've been selling Whipple Superchargers as a certified dealer/installer for almost 15 years and have always been more than happy with their product.

Looking at your HP goals would recommend the Whipple 2.9L blower as it fits under the stock hood and with 3.250" (16-17 psi) pulley you shoud make aound 675-700 RWHP just using a Custom tune, Aftermarket Cold Air kit, and 72lb injectors. This is a very consistent combination we sell and install often.

For another option I would suggest the Ford Racing TVS 2013 Blower, we have thi unit on sale at the moment for a very good deal as a tuner package and as a complete Turn-Key 750 HP Kit since you said the car is stock. The TVS blower provides alot of torque at the hit of the throttle and for a 600-700 RWHP car is probably the most fun of the 3 to drive because of the throttle response!

If you have any questions about our packages or want to talk more about it sometime, feel free to give me a shout at 732-780-0770 or email [email protected]

JimIII@JDM

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Really op it comes down to how much you wanna pay. The kb will cost the most but is a good blower. My vote is for the whipple. Cheapest route is the tvs which make great power an fun on the street.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Step1: Order FRPP 2.9 Whipple kit....Step 2 install kit as delivered..... Step 3 Enjoy

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Greasy,

there are a number of reasons why Ford chose a TVS for the 13+ GT500. Efficiency, both cost and output are two. Fitment is one. Reliability is one: remember, they picked one that they could include in a very long factory warranty.

The Ford Racing 13 TVS is a fine choice but its lower price nets you ZERO warranty or technical support from Ford.

Our VMP TVS is manufactured by the same people, and in fact was so some 4 years earlier than Ford. That would have you believe that the manufacturer used a ton of our R&D in the production of the OEM piece.

Our price, $3099 msrp, includes an interchangeable pulley system, CNC port matched high flow elbow, your choice of silver or black case and A FULL ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY, regardless of who installs it. Our "Stripper" version allows you to take advantage of existing performance parts like VMP elbows, smaller pulleys, etc at a highly reduced price of $2599.

Compare. Price, fitment, efficiency, results, customer support.

Email me at [email protected] or call for an even better deal and you can join the VMP TVS family.

Bj

red gt500

Established Member
3.6 kb lc with a 4 upper
700-680 whp on pump gas and you can drive it any where with no heat problems

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If you want to be between 600-700 safely on a stock motor, we did the work for you. Check out this kit:

Lethal Performance 07-2012 GT500 700rwhp 2.9L Supercharger Package

LP-29700PACKAGE.jpg

Our 700rwhp kit includes:

-W175ax 2.9L Whipple Supercharger with 3.00" Pulley (Black or Polished)

-Ford Racing Super Cobra Jet Monoblade Throttle Body (M-9926-SCJ) **You can switch to the more street friendly Cobra Jet Twin 65mm if desired.***

-JLT 123mm Cold Air Intake (Or upgrade to JLT 127mm Carbon Fiber Intake or Whipple 123mm intake, select from drop down menu)

-SCT Xcalibrator 3 Handheld Flash Device

-Custom 2.9L Whipple Tune

-Custom 72lb Fuel Injectors (Fits under the stock fuel rails without any modification)

-NKG TR6 Spark Plugs (8)

Even if it was my own personal car, I wouldn't rely on anyone else to get it tuned besides Lund Racing. He tunes every car we have built and is responsible for tuning our 1100+ 2013 GT500 with a 4.0L Whipple. Therefore it's why we include his tuning in the package we put together.

No need to scramble to find what you need, this package is perfect for the street and/or strip, and we'll be happy to get you set up with it. Let me know if you have any other questions

Van@RevanRacing

Like I said. Give me a call for a technical discussion on the differences.

Also, I have extensively road raced Kenne Bell superchargers and they do not heat soak. I'm competitive in Time Trial and it's an excellent supercharger.

Users who are viewing this thread