Keys hit knee when diriving

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
Does anyone have their keys hit their right knee when driving? I have some extra keys on my key chain that dangle and constantly hit my knee while driving. I could remove all of my keys and have a single key but I like having all of my keys on one loop.

I'd also like to know if anyone has heard of changed their car to a key fob with push button start. The 2015 mustang has this feature and it would be nice to have a mod for our cars.

Add Name Here

Hook Damn It Hook
Established Member
Never had that problem I know Chevy apparently did I use the Shelby key only when I drive the car. Maybe just take the Shelby key off the ring when driving? Simple fix

ThomasL

Established Member
Yeah just make it easy to take the Shelby key on and off of the rest and throw all the other keys in the console or something while you drive.

raustin0017

Established Member
Would be real nice if the most expensive stock Mustang ever produced came with a keyless start button. I use the single key method...can't stand other keys bugging my right knee.

JeremyR

Established Member
I only use 1 key so its not a problem for me. I dont really see the need for a push button start for my self , I'm not that lazy that I cant turn a key.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
Does anyone have their keys hit their right knee when driving? I have some extra keys on my key chain that dangle and constantly hit my knee while driving. I could remove all of my keys and have a single key but I like having all of my keys on one loop.

I'd also like to know if anyone has heard of changed their car to a key fob with push button start. The 2015 mustang has this feature and it would be nice to have a mod for our cars.

LOL totally agree, funny i got blasted when i asked about push button start when i got my 13 Shelby. But i do agree, its the wave of the future for a reason ... its more convenient especially not needing to take the key out of your pants and as you said you don't have keys dangling around like big balls. Guess when you've had this option on other cars you don't like going back to the stone age.:p

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya I just use one key, I really do wish the GT500s had push button start

Poisonous West

Established Member
Finally, someone has the same exact issue I have. But in my case, I ALWAYS ONLY use Shelby key but still that key hits my knee.

CA Lightfoot

Established Member
You want pushbutton start? Really?

For a very minor convenience, it's ridiculous all the problems that occur.

Google "FOB not detected", you'll see.

Not to mention the added cost & complexity of these systems.

Sadly, I believe it's a standard feature on the new 2015 Mustang -- "Intelligent Access and Push Button start."

Ky GT500

Established Member
Shelby key and house key only,,,,I leave my school custodian key ring at the house.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
You want pushbutton start? Really?

For a very minor convenience, it's ridiculous all the problems that occur.

Google "FOB not detected", you'll see.

Not to mention the added cost & complexity of these systems.

Sadly, I believe it's a standard feature on the new 2015 Mustang -- "Intelligent Access and Push Button start."

One of my gripes on my old Z06 was when the keyfob transponder in the car went out about a year after the warranty expired and at only 24k miles on the car. It was an $800 fix that only a dealer could do. I am happy that this "convenience" is not in my GT500. It's a musclecar, not a spaceship.

David Neibert

Established Member
I had the push button remote start fob deal on a Ford Explorer I rented last week. For me it was not any more convenient because you still had to pull the fob out of your pocket to unlock the doors. From all the scratches I saw around the door pillar it looks like several previous customers accidentally locked the fob in the car too. Not having a key to open the door so you can release the hood latch when battery in the car or the fob dies, is also a concern.

David

carguy19

Established Member
I had the push button remote start fob deal on a Ford Explorer I rented last week. For me it was not any more convenient because you still had to pull the fob out of your pocket to unlock the doors. From all the scratches I saw around the door pillar it looks like several previous customers accidentally locked the fob in the car too. Not having a key to open the door so you can release the hood latch when battery in the car or the fob dies, is also a concern.

David

You were doing it wrong.

If you walk up to the car with the keys in your pocket and pull the handle the doors unlock and the door opens. :D

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
You were doing it wrong.

If you walk up to the car with the keys in your pocket and pull the handle the doors unlock and the door opens. :D

THIS. key fob never has to leave you pocket. I have had push button start for almost 3 years now I love it

CA Lightfoot

Established Member
One of my gripes on my old Z06 was when the keyfob transponder in the car went out about a year after the warranty expired and at only 24k miles on the car. It was an $800 fix that only a dealer could do. I am happy that this "convenience" is not in my GT500. It's a musclecar, not a spaceship.

I had a base '09 C6. Fob system worked flawlessly. And a great performance car.

But even with an extended warranty... well, I sold it. Maybe I spent too much time reading about the problems: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...sion/3313313-no-fobs-detected-what-to-do.html

Even the door handle electronic touchpads are a common "maintenance" item -- especially if you live in corrosion-prone areas (high heat & humidity).

And the fob itself is far more fragile than a common key. And expensive. And complicated to program. And try using a "hide-a-key"... gotta remove the fob battery or anyone can steal the car.

And if your fob is in the hatch area "dead zone", you can be locked out: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3313702-key-locked-in-car.html

There's more. But enough already.

Users who are viewing this thread