Kicked in the beans...(sorry kinda long)

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
So, I'm out tonight with two of my buddies. One has an '01? GTP (pretty much stock) and the other has an Integra (don't know model or mods, but it goes pretty nicely). The GTP and I have raced once before and I came out on top by about a car and a half. Mind you, this was before the TB, plenum, CAI, and tuner. Needless to say, I wanted see if I pull any harder with the "new" mods. So, on our way back from the local cruising strip, we catch a light. I don't know if he's gonna go because there is a car between us and he has teased me with a race before. Well, the light goes green and he has a pretty nice launch while I quickly feather it outta the hole, already upset that I didn't get to take advantage of the 315 DR's. :fm: I'm at his bumper in first, hit second and he pulls me like he's racing a minivan. WTF? :shrug: So I let out at the top of second with him two cars out. I immediately notice the car is running like crap and is chugging along as if I were on and off the gas. I begin to worry that I've broken something. I let off the gas and throw it in neutral only to have the car die on me while I'm rolling along at 50mph. I'm about three miles from home and the car won't stay running without me on the gas coaxing it along. Starting from a stop was a challenge where flooring it and listening to it chug up to speed was my only option. :( I make it home thanks to a streak of green lights and get it into the garage (enters from side of house) as it dies and takes the power steering with it. At the time, I could only wonder what was broken and how long it was gonna be before I could drive my toy again. I popped the hood and found the answer... :nonono: The damn intake pipe had come off the TB, consequently, screwing with the MAF. That was it. :pepper: ...and I was wondering why the car was idling wierd, bobbing up and down all night. That's being kicked in the beans. :eek: :lol1:

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Good thing it wasn't anything major (bet you let out a huge sigh of relief), I've had that happen but luckily it was on the dyno and not on the streets. I like your car, looks good. :thumbsup:

92LX306

Head Judge of Fudge
Established Member
I had that happen to me once on the way to the car wash. Come to find the rubber ducting connecting my cai had shredded, so i found a guy who helped me out with some pvc tape :( lol. sucks dude, you and your friend need a rematch.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
I was very relieved. I felt so stupid because I made it into a big deal before I even knew what the issue was. Thanx for the compliment and we will certainly be lining them up again soon.

fuelonempty

حمدالله على نعمة العقل...
Established Member
yeah I had that happen to me while I was in a cruise with all my friends.. scared the crap out of me... It was after I put the roush stage III suspention on her so she ran a lil rougher... The bumps managed to pop the pipe off the throttle body.

So I too, have been kicked in the nuts by a Mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread