Kills in 2013 Shelby

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
The Shelby could drag a bus on the Ferrari and the guy in the Ferrari still wins. The butt hurt probably lasted about as long as it took him to remember he was driving a 458.
If I were to get beat by a fart can civic, in no way would it change how I feel about my Shelby. Sometimes speed isn't the top priority in buying a car.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
I'm going to take this post a step further...

I think what I struggle with is people flaunting wealth...truth be told.

However, I don't have a problem with people flaunting speed/horsepower.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I have two Mustangs, a boat, a nice house, a Suburban and a Tahoe. Hypocrisy? Perhaps...

Not saying I'm right or wrong, but that's the bare bones of this...

I know a surgeon that makes a ton of $$$ and he drives a rusted out 72 Chev long bed truck to work every day while the other docs pull up in Porsches and BMWs. For some reason, I think he's the stud of the bunch!

Chime in!
You do realize the gentleman you are speaking about could put everything you just said you owned on his American Express right? I see you are relatively new.

I'm not stroking his ego as you put it but he is on another level buddy and still down to earth and never flaunts anything. If I were him I would wipe my ass with hundreds and post a pic washing one of my many exotics with them.

FortLewisCobra

Established Member
The Shelby could drag a bus on the Ferrari and the guy in the Ferrari still wins. The butt hurt probably lasted about as long as it took him to remember he was driving a 458.
If I were to get beat by a fart can civic, in no way would it change how I feel about my Shelby. Sometimes speed isn't the top priority in buying a car.

Ill have to disagree. At some level were all competitive sobs or else we wouldn't waste the money on a fast car. The Ferrari guy didn't buy one because it was red or ergonomic. He bought it because, at some level, he wanted to be faster than everyone else. So when there is evidence that he is not faster he's going to care, it may not be a significant emotional event but he'll be pricing out some bolt ons later that night.

If I were to go to the track and be demolished by a kid on a scooter, Im not going to go out and buy a scooter, but at some level I'll care.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Ill have to disagree. At some level were all competitive sobs or else we wouldn't waste the money on a fast car. The Ferrari guy didn't buy one because it was red or ergonomic. He bought it because, at some level, he wanted to be faster than everyone else. So when there is evidence that he is not faster he's going to care, it may not be a significant emotional event but he'll be pricing out some bolt ons later that night.

If I were to go to the track and be demolished by a kid on a scooter, Im not going to go out and buy a scooter, but at some level I'll care.
True, but there's so much more to a Ferrari than just being fast. I'm saying it isn't that significant of an emotional event because in the end he's driving a 458... and it's probably real easy to be happy driving a Ferrari. He can probably look at the Shelby's tail lights and think "damn that mustangs fast!" and then go right back to not giving a **** as he flows down the road in a 458 vert.
Ever heard this joke? Two bulls are sitting up on a hill over looking a herd of cows. The young bull is all excited and says "Hey, lets run down there and **** one of them cows!" The old bull looks at him and says "How about we just stroll down there and **** them all?" I'm thinking the old bull is the Ferrari owner, and if he misses a cow or two he's still good because strolling is easier than running. I'll agree though, there's probably some guys that might be pretty hurt over losing to what they consider to be a lesser car.

2013Trinity

Established Member
You do realize the gentleman you are speaking about could put everything you just said you owned on his American Express right? I see you are relatively new.

I'm not stroking his ego as you put it but he is on another level buddy and still down to earth and never flaunts anything. If I were him I would wipe my ass with hundreds and post a pic washing one of my many exotics with them.

What makes you think I was referencing anyone in particular?

2013Trinity

Established Member

I also find it hilarious that after your long easement when you thought he bought his CJ and was laughing because you felt your view of him was right he shot you down lettingbyou know he bought it back in 2012 which is the same thing that I pointed out to you and you have no reply for that, then you go on a rant about ppl flaunting money and project that as him being "that guy" when you wouldn't have even known what he had if he didn't tell a story about a FOP belittling other ppl ... you reach for a leg to stand on with every post and it gets kicked out from under you...pretty entertaining IMO lol

I wasn't referencing Treynor, but there you go defending him anyway! I know who he is...how could I not? His bread and cars have been all over the internet for some time. Is he your boss at Google or something?

2013Trinity

Established Member
ill have to disagree. At some level were all competitive sobs or else we wouldn't waste the money on a fast car. The ferrari guy didn't buy one because it was red or ergonomic. He bought it because, at some level, he wanted to be faster than everyone else. So when there is evidence that he is not faster he's going to care, it may not be a significant emotional event but he'll be pricing out some bolt ons later that night.

If i were to go to the track and be demolished by a kid on a scooter, im not going to go out and buy a scooter, but at some level i'll care.

amen!

kaz109

Established Member
I wasn't referencing Treynor, but there you go defending him anyway! I know who he is...how could I not? His bread and cars have been all over the internet for some time. Is he your boss at Google or something?

Lol...man you run yourself in circles and it is hilarious.......

OK so you weren't referencing to treynor yet in post #156 you quoted somebody asking treynor "what makes him better than the other guy, all I see is two guys steoming their egos" and you said "Amen" then in the next post you say " I would like to take this a step farther" again referring to the treynor story comment about him and the other Ferrari owner "stroking their egos".....

So tell us again how you weren't referring treynor with that post?? Lol..you are too easy

kaz109

Established Member

I guess there are more naive " car guys" in the world than I thought and I make that statement because post like this keep popping up. I laugh at your comment " the guy that buys a ferrari bought it because on some level he wanted to be faster than everybody else" ...man that statement couldn't be more false and I find it hilarious that you would make such a blanket statement. Even went as far as to say they would go get bolt ons later that night lol.....I love this site, it is always good for a laugh.

2013Trinity

Established Member
I guess there are more naive " car guys" in the world than I thought and I make that statement because post like this keep popping up. I laugh at your comment " the guy that buys a ferrari bought it because on some level he wanted to be faster than everybody else" ...man that statement couldn't be more false and I find it hilarious that you would make such a blanket statement. Even went as far as to say they would go get bolt ons later that night lol.....I love this site, it is always good for a laugh.

KAZ, he clearly qualified his statement by inserting the words "on some level", and you interpreted it as a "blanket statement"? Be reasonable...or keep providing cheap entertainment! Either way's fine with me.

2013Trinity

Established Member

PM Kaz and see if you can join the Treynor fan club. I don't know him, he's probably a very nice guy, but count me out.

But, he never flaunts anything? What would you call buying millions of dollars of cars and thousands of dollars in cameras to post pictures of all his cars and garages all over the internet. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just NOT my style. But I'd have to disagree with the "never flaunts anything" business.

I personally admire and respect MOST the guys that have big $$$ and nobody knows.

2013Trinity

Established Member
Lol...man you run yourself in circles and it is hilarious.......

OK so you weren't referencing to treynor yet in post #156 you quoted somebody asking treynor "what makes him better than the other guy, all I see is two guys steoming their egos" and you said "Amen" then in the next post you say " I would like to take this a step farther" again referring to the treynor story comment about him and the other Ferrari owner "stroking their egos".....

So tell us again how you weren't referring treynor with that post?? Lol..you are too easy

I WAS referencing him in 156, but not 157...although he'd probably fit in the category I was referencing in 157.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
There is a basic problem: the statement "I know what someone else was thinking / would think when [...]" is simply incorrect. The writer is not a mind reader, no matter how vigorously he or she may assert that they are. The term for this fallacy is "projection", and it means essentially "here's what *I* would think in this circumstance, so therefore it's what everyone else must think in this circumstance." It is a simplistic and naive model of the world, but it is also comforting to those who don't want to take responsibility for their intellectual or emotional shortcomings, and as you can see from this thread, it has its adherents.

kaz109

Established Member
PM Kaz and see if you can join the Treynor fan club. I don't know him, he's probably a very nice guy, but count me out.

But, he never flaunts anything? What would you call buying millions of dollars of cars and thousands of dollars in cameras to post pictures of all his cars and garages all over the internet. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, just NOT my style. But I'd have to disagree with the "never flaunts anything" business.

I personally admire and respect MOST the guys that have big $$$ and nobody knows.

Your interpretation of flaut is skewed...and at this point it is not even a debate about treynor character but rather you running in circles lol....I like how you quoted big reg twice but fail to give a response to my post about your " I wasn't referring to treynor" post. Just like you had nothing to say when u posted he went out and bought his CJ during the time of this thread when it was pointed out that it was purchased back in 2012 ..

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
True, but there's so much more to a Ferrari than just being fast. I'm saying it isn't that significant of an emotional event because in the end he's driving a 458... and it's probably real easy to be happy driving a Ferrari. He can probably look at the Shelby's tail lights and think "damn that mustangs fast!" and then go right back to not giving a **** as he flows down the road in a 458 vert.[...]

I'd say you have hit the nail on the head. I don't buy Ferraris because they're the fastest street vehicle in a straight line - they aren't even close - and I am neither surprised nor dismayed when I encounter a car which is quicker. As I said earlier, if I really wanted to beat every car I ran into on the road in a drag race, I'd get a different car -- a turbo Foxbody on DRs, an Alpha GTR or maybe just a Veyron SS.

kaz109

Established Member
I WAS referencing him in 156, but not 157...although he'd probably fit in the category I was referencing in 157.

Post 157 starts out, "and I am going to take this post a step further" that means it is a continuation of the last post, your last post you were reffering to treynor. So that would mean post 157 WAS in fact reffering to treynor...lol...does everything needed to be spelled out for you?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Jealousy is a mfer. And why would I join a fan club for pointing out the obvious? Why did I even respond in this ridiculous thread? I let it go forever but just couldn't resist for some reason.

2013Trinity

Established Member
There is a basic problem: the statement "I know what someone else was thinking / would think when [...]" is simply incorrect. The writer is not a mind reader, no matter how vigorously he or she may assert that they are. The term for this fallacy is "projection", and it means essentially "here's what *I* would think in this circumstance, so therefore it's what everyone else must think in this circumstance." It is a simplistic and naive model of the world, but it is also comforting to those who don't want to take responsibility for their intellectual or emotional shortcomings, and as you can see from this thread, it has its adherents.

First of all, I'm glad you're back. I was starting to feel like a loser going one on one with KAZ, because he'll fight with anyone.

Second, you sound really smart!

Third, in an effort to convince myself that I'm not "projecting" too much, I'll admit there may be Ferrari owners that truly don't care if they lose to a Mustang. It's my opinion (avoiding projection here), that most Ferrari owners don't like to lose. You are a Ferrari owner. Do you like to lose?

Fourth, I take FULL responsibility for my intellectual or emotional shortcomings, and they are legion...just ask my wife!

2013Trinity

Established Member
Post 157 starts out, "and I am going to take this post a step further" that means it is a continuation of the last post, your last post you were reffering to treynor. So that would mean post 157 WAS in fact reffering to treynor...lol...does everything needed to be spelled out for you?

Fair enough...I should have said "thread", that was my intent. See, I CAN admit I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread