Kitchen Appliances

SADDLE

Rock Chalk
Established Member
Looking for some recommendations on kitchen appliances. About to begin an entire home remodel project. 42" fridge, 36" gas range, d/w, stacked oven/wave, beverage cooler.

I'm a "value" shopper, but working within a budget. Would LOVE to be <$20k for everything. Price, aesthetics, quality... Pick two, right?

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
Are you including the counter and cabinets in your price or do you already have them installed?

edit: damn I can’t read...

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Looking for some recommendations on kitchen appliances. About to begin an entire home remodel project. 42" fridge, 36" gas range, d/w, stacked oven/wave, beverage cooler.

I'm a "value" shopper, but working within a budget. Would LOVE to be <$20k for everything. Price, aesthetics, quality... Pick two, right?
There are some really decent mid-grade appliances out there. Based on your budget, rule out Wolf and Subzero. Bosch makes a kickass dishwasher, as does my wife. She too is out of your, and my budget.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Visit your local appliance stores. They usually give a discount if you order multiple appliances. We bought ours from PC Richard (refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, microwave) and got a special discount. We have all Samsung except for the (kick ass) Bosch dishwasher.

blue 07

Established Member
I am a no go on Samung appliances. We redid are kitchen 7 years ago with all new Samsung and since then, we have replaced the dishwasher, microwave, stove, the downstairs washer, and the fridge is ok but if you get ice from the outside dispenser, it flash freezes the freezer which turns ice cream rock hard etc. Terrible customer service. Have had good luck with LG appliances since.

wundrbird

Proud Father
Established Member
Another vote for a Bosch dishwasher. They earned something like 11 out of 12 top spots by Consumer Reports recently. Bosch's dual-fuel gas ranges are amazing, too. They have gas cooktops but electric convection ovens and cook incredibly well.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
I have all LG and never once had a problem. I also have the Bosch dishwasher everyone here is suggesting... it works great and is almost silent. I would suggest purchasing through Costco because of their return/warranty policy if anything goes wrong.

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
We have had good luck with Kitchen Aid.
2nd for KitchenAid. Owned by Whirlpool. Built in the U.S.A. and exceptional quality. I just did a full suite of KitchenAid including dishwasher, gas range, ovens, refrigerator, trash compactor, wine cooler and icemaker. Only thing I did other than KitchenAid was a Sharp microwave drawer (Sharp owns the Patent on the microwave drawer technology, and builds them for Bosch, Wolf, etc.)

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Subzero, Wolf, Viking..... All are great and all are very expensive. But shit its only money u can always make more. :)

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
@SADDLE - If you need someone to give you a quote on countertops, let me know as I recently moved into a new house and redid my kitchen (I painted the cabinets myself and did the backsplash) and got what I thought was a fair deal.

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
No better than Bosch dishwasher. Did not have good experience with Samsung refrigerator.

If you want a top notch gas range, look at Capital Culinarian. What they use on Food Network Show Chopped and others. I own one and definitely a bad machine.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
The house I just sold had a 15 year old Viking 48" and a new Kenmoore Elite fridge and freezer. The Viking was great and you'd never know it was 15 years old just by looking at it. I had the thermostat and door seals replaced. Other than that it was perfect.

I'd look for used ranges. You can probably get one for 30% to 50% of the cost of a new unit.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
We have to replace a two year old Kenmore Elite refrigerator after being told that the freon leak was in the wall and not repairable. It took several repair visits to get there and more than once we were told that the LG internals, esp the compressor, are junk.

I was looking at a Samsung to replace it, but no you guys have me reconsidering that.

samw3002

I will second a Capital Culinarian Range...love mine. Has no fancy gimmicks just kick butt btu burners
1585352874748.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
We have to replace a two year old Kenmore Elite refrigerator after being told that the freon leak was in the wall and not repairable. It took several repair visits to get there and more than once we were told that the LG internals, esp the compressor, are junk.

I was looking at a Samsung to replace it, but no you guys have me reconsidering that.

I have to correct myself. We actually had Frigidaire Professional fridge and freezer. Each was a full height 33" unit.

I have a friend with the French door Samsung fridge and freezer drawers beneath. The French doors have broken like four times.

Users who are viewing this thread