• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Kitchen Appliances

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by SADDLE, Mar 27, 2020.

1. SADDLE

SADDLE Rock Chalk Established Member

Looking for some recommendations on kitchen appliances. About to begin an entire home remodel project. 42" fridge, 36" gas range, d/w, stacked oven/wave, beverage cooler.

I'm a "value" shopper, but working within a budget. Would LOVE to be <$20k for everything. Price, aesthetics, quality... Pick two, right?

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  2. ssj4sadie

ssj4sadie Well-Known Member Established Member

Are you including the counter and cabinets in your price or do you already have them installed?

edit: damn I can’t read...

3. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

There are some really decent mid-grade appliances out there. Based on your budget, rule out Wolf and Subzero. Bosch makes a kickass dishwasher, as does my wife. She too is out of your, and my budget.

Bearbo and MinGrey02Stg2 like this.
  4. 72MachOne99GT

72MachOne99GT Well-Known Member Established Member

How about models from the same manufacturer? Maybe if they’re dent and scratch models they’d be even cheaper.

DAVESVT2000 likes this.
  5. CobraBob

CobraBob Authorized Vendor Premium Member Established Member

Visit your local appliance stores. They usually give a discount if you order multiple appliances. We bought ours from PC Richard (refrigerator, oven, dishwasher, microwave) and got a special discount. We have all Samsung except for the (kick ass) Bosch dishwasher.

PhoenixM3, Lambeau and 72MachOne99GT like this.
  6. blue 07

blue 07 Active Member Established Member

I am a no go on Samung appliances. We redid are kitchen 7 years ago with all new Samsung and since then, we have replaced the dishwasher, microwave, stove, the downstairs washer, and the fridge is ok but if you get ice from the outside dispenser, it flash freezes the freezer which turns ice cream rock hard etc. Terrible customer service. Have had good luck with LG appliances since.

JetmechF16 likes this.
  7. IA Shelby

IA Shelby Well-Known Member Established Member

We have had good luck with Kitchen Aid.

PhoenixM3 and TAF like this.
  8. wundrbird

wundrbird Proud Father Established Member

Another vote for a Bosch dishwasher. They earned something like 11 out of 12 top spots by Consumer Reports recently. Bosch's dual-fuel gas ranges are amazing, too. They have gas cooktops but electric convection ovens and cook incredibly well.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  9. MinGrey02Stg2

MinGrey02Stg2 Well-Known Member Established Member

I have all LG and never once had a problem. I also have the Bosch dishwasher everyone here is suggesting... it works great and is almost silent. I would suggest purchasing through Costco because of their return/warranty policy if anything goes wrong.

JetmechF16 likes this.
  10. TAF

TAF Trilogy Twin Screwed #004 Established Member

2nd for KitchenAid. Owned by Whirlpool. Built in the U.S.A. and exceptional quality. I just did a full suite of KitchenAid including dishwasher, gas range, ovens, refrigerator, trash compactor, wine cooler and icemaker. Only thing I did other than KitchenAid was a Sharp microwave drawer (Sharp owns the Patent on the microwave drawer technology, and builds them for Bosch, Wolf, etc.)

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  11. GNBRETT

GNBRETT Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Subzero, Wolf, Viking..... All are great and all are very expensive. But shit its only money u can always make more. :)

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  12. black92

black92 Hot rod Lincoln Established Member

@SADDLE - If you need someone to give you a quote on countertops, let me know as I recently moved into a new house and redid my kitchen (I painted the cabinets myself and did the backsplash) and got what I thought was a fair deal.

13. Bearbo

Bearbo Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

No better than Bosch dishwasher. Did not have good experience with Samsung refrigerator.

If you want a top notch gas range, look at Capital Culinarian. What they use on Food Network Show Chopped and others. I own one and definitely a bad machine.

14. AustinJ427

AustinJ427 Well-Known Member Established Member Beer Money Bros.

Stay the **** away from Samsung.

blue 07 and Bearbo like this.
  15. Pribilof

Pribilof Life's Better @ Elevation Established Member

The house I just sold had a 15 year old Viking 48" and a new Kenmoore Elite fridge and freezer. The Viking was great and you'd never know it was 15 years old just by looking at it. I had the thermostat and door seals replaced. Other than that it was perfect.

I'd look for used ranges. You can probably get one for 30% to 50% of the cost of a new unit.

PhoenixM3 likes this.
  16. Stanley

Stanley Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

We have to replace a two year old Kenmore Elite refrigerator after being told that the freon leak was in the wall and not repairable. It took several repair visits to get there and more than once we were told that the LG internals, esp the compressor, are junk.

I was looking at a Samsung to replace it, but no you guys have me reconsidering that.

17. gaspasr

gaspasr Well-Known Member Established Member

Get ready to deal w ice maker problems if you go with samsung and their quad door (french-door style) refrigerator.

Bearbo likes this.
  18. samw3002

samw3002 New Member

I will second a Capital Culinarian Range...love mine. Has no fancy gimmicks just kick butt btu burners 1585352874748.jpeg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blue 07, tistan, Bearbo and 2 others like this.
  19. Pribilof

Pribilof Life's Better @ Elevation Established Member

I have to correct myself. We actually had Frigidaire Professional fridge and freezer. Each was a full height 33" unit.

I have a friend with the French door Samsung fridge and freezer drawers beneath. The French doors have broken like four times.

20. PhoenixM3

PhoenixM3 Hello Kitty Slayer Established Member

I’d agree that kitchen aid is solid tier 2 appliances