Kitchen Appliances

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
The house I just sold had a 15 year old Viking 48" and a new Kenmoore Elite fridge and freezer. The Viking was great and you'd never know it was 15 years old just by looking at it. I had the thermostat and door seals replaced. Other than that it was perfect.

I'd look for used ranges. You can probably get one for 30% to 50% of the cost of a new unit.
Viking was on our list, but I opted full retard for the kitchen.

MG01GT

Established Member
What's the hate on Samsung... I have the washer and dryer as well as the fridge with no problems... love them in fact. I think it really comes down to what you want. Not every thing has to match brand name wise. When we redo our kitchen I will look at all options.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What'd you get? I'm looking at Thermador but the wife is in love with Lacanche.

Wife has great but extremely expensive taste. If you get it your kitchen it will truly be one of a kind.

What's the hate on Samsung... I have the washer and dryer as well as the fridge with no problems... love them in fact. I think it really comes down to what you want. Not every thing has to match brand name wise. When we redo our kitchen I will look at all options.

There is a class action lawsuit against Samsung for the ice maker problems. Also, there are purported problems with Samsung refrigerator compressors. People can buy all the Samsung appliances they want but I will never buy another Samsung refrigerator/appliance.

nxhappy

Established Member
on home depot you can read all the reviews and make a good decision. from what i gather most of the stuff is good.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
What'd you get? I'm looking at Thermador but the wife is in love with Lacanche.
Wolf dual fuel 48" range and Subzero 42" side by side, and a Bosch dishwasher I want a nice drawer microwave, but haven't got around to that. Hoping to learn more about the drawer microwave ovens.....

P.S. I spent more on kitchen appliances, than I did on my current DD (Fiesta ST). This is our dream home and I need to keep the Wench happy.....

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member

MG01GT

Established Member
Wife has great but extremely expensive taste. If you get it your kitchen it will truly be one of a kind.
I feel ya man, I can understand your POV. I bought all my stuff from the exchange and they have some solid return policies so I dont sweat it too much. With that said though I still plan to do my homework on a gas range and oven when we redo the kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
There was an excellent kitchen/appliance forum on gardenweb. Sadly it is gone. Houzz has taken it over so but it might be worth OP time to peruse. I received many great ideas from the old gardenweb forum.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Reasons? We've had our for 3+ years and love it. Our Samsung microwave and stove are 3+ years old as well. They've been great.
My parents had Samsung appliances and one set didn't even make it 2 years. The next set lasted maybe 2.5 years.

I was recently shopping for fridges and spent a lot of time at various different places and talking to a lot of different people, they all pretty much said the same thing, Samsung quality has diminished.

Two separate outlet stores flat out told me to not buy Samsung.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
My parents had Samsung appliances and one set didn't even make it 2 years. The next set lasted maybe 2.5 years.

I was recently shopping for fridges and spent a lot of time at various different places and talking to a lot of different people, they all pretty much said the same thing, Samsung quality has diminished.

Two separate outlet stores flat out told me to not buy Samsung.
What did you end up with?

robraySVT

Established Member
We have had our Samsung washer and dryer for about 6 years and zero issues., and my wife washes a lot of clothes. Not sure about their other stuff.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
What did you end up with?
We ended up with a GE, not because it was the best brand, but it was a good deal.

The lay out is fine, the reviews are decent and it was $800 for one with a small dent in the bottom right corner.

Users who are viewing this thread