Kobe Bryant Dead?

Coiled03

Established Member

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Hey, everything was going fine until a few people showed up to tell everyone else how stupid they were for even commenting on his death. Talk to them about it.
Yup, thats my point. Imagine how dark your life has to be, to be that person in every thread.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VenomVeins

Established Member
Kobe’s next door neighbor in Newport Beach is a lawyer who is also a member at the resort i work at.

On numerous occasions she would show us videos of hers and Kobe’s kids water skiing, vacationing, and just hanging out in each other backyards BBQ’ing, ect. She said in all the years they were neighbors, he was an outstanding father who really loved kids and was just an overall great human being who cared about people and helped them in any way he could, whether it be by monetary means or teaching means. He always made himself accessible to anyone, from any neighbors to parents of the kids he was coaching to the kids themselves.

She also said he openly talked about making big split second mistakes in his early 20’s but was determined to never be that person again or put himself in those situations again.

He also loved the fans. Apparently he was one of the few athletes that understood that the fan love was the reason for his riches and was always kind to anyone who wanted an autograph or to meet him.

Figured i’d just pass that little tidbit along. She’s likely in shambles right now as they were very close, and im not looking forward to seeing her or her husband the next time they come in.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Kobe’s next door neighbor in Newport Beach is a lawyer who is also a member at the resort i work at.

On numerous occasions she would show us videos of hers and Kobe’s kids water skiing, vacationing, and just hanging out in each other backyards BBQ’ing, ect. She said in all the years they were neighbors, he was an outstanding father who really loved kids and was just an overall great human being who cared about people and helped them in any way he could, whether it be by monetary means or teaching means. He always made himself accessible to anyone, from any neighbors to parents of the kids he was coaching to the kids themselves.

She also said he openly talked about making big split second mistakes in his early 20’s but was determined to never be that person again or put himself in those situations again.

He also loved the fans. Apparently he was one of the few athletes that understood that the fan love was the reason for his riches and was always kind to anyone who wanted an autograph or to meet him.

Figured i’d just pass that little tidbit along. She’s likely in shambles right now as they were very close, and im not looking forward to seeing her or her husband the next time they come in.

Thank you for posting this story. Maybe it will help the haters understand why he was loved so much and does NOT deserve the BS postings about something he was NEVER found guilty of. Right now is not the time to focus on negative things. If you like him then praise him if you don't like him just keep quiet. Simple.

And for the record I'm a veteran of 22 years. Deployed to Bosnia and Iraq. People do care when vets are killed in the line of duty. However, THIS thread is not the time and place to make such a ridiculous comparison. If you followed Kobe and knew about him you wouldn't make such posts in the first place.

VenomVeins

Established Member
one of my close friends is a pilot and simply said this: Helicopters and single jet small planes have a near zero survival rate if they crash

Heli was literally just hovering slowly and traveling 3-4 mph. Barely made a thump when it crashed. I understand why my friend feels the way he does about them and small jets.

Sound engineer who lives close to the crash site and heard everything explains in excellent detail what happened.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Heli was literally just hovering slowly and traveling 3-4 mph. Barely made a thump when it crashed. I understand why my friend feels the way he does about them and small jets.

Sound engineer who lives close to the crash site and heard everything explains in excellent detail what happened.

cant watch the video now but Im seeing transcripts that claim it was doing 160 knots when it crashed. Honestly I'm done paying attention until they come out with an actual report.

A friend of mine flew T6s as a student and trainer in the Navy along with the Navy equivalent of the Apache. He's said the same thing about them being death traps, basically "helicopters shouldn't work but they do and they're always trying to kill you in a thousand ways. If it crashes, you're probably ****ed"

VenomVeins

Established Member
A friend of mine flew T6s as a student and trainer in the Navy along with the Navy equivalent of the Apache. He's said the same thing about them being death traps, basically "helicopters shouldn't work but they do and they're always trying to kill you in a thousand ways. If it crashes, you're probably ****ed"

Almost word for word spot on with how my friend feels.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Not asking for anyone to bow down, just asking them to shut the **** up and respect the living who may wish to morn or celebrate the life of a national icon.

The fact that you and no one else posted the article of the 99 year old vet when it happened just reinforces that. Your just using it as a crutch because you feel spited. I'm sure you're the type that bitches about athlete salaries.

You are doing nothing of the sort as you seem to take issue when an "icon" dies and people aren't having it to the degree of others.

I'm the kind who doesn't give a damn about an athlete or celebrity in terms of elevating them as I am sensible to the point of keeping things in perspective. An individual who dribbles a ball does not change your life and if it does, the person who feels his life is changed should do some reflection.

Be clear and understand you spoke ill about a man who "served his country as a sonarman in the Navy and fought on small craft subchasers and destroyers in WWII and Korea" by saying he unloaded food crates. I know he can't compare to a basketball player though.

To be pragmatic, they are not being celebrated, they are being used to generate revenue.

Unfortunately it isn't strictly revenue making and makers. Society as a whole has elevated these people to the point of nonsensical and never-ending praise and worship. Just look at this entire discussion.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Man, kobe died at such a young age too, 41. Grew up watching the guy, what hes done transcends all sports. Which is why so many athletes outside basketball are shouting out to him.
Hes a great motivator that makes you evaluate yourself, your potential and wants you to succeed. The guy changed, and evolved into an icon. The other passengers too, and his daughter, 13. Just all tragedy, everybody died too young.

When you are great and you die before other great predecessors you instantly become a legend.
#ripblackmamba

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Sad part is that he was so young and had a young daughter. It is hard to swallow that a father of 4 died along with his oldest daughter, who was a middle schooler. And the others who perished were similar (younger and at least one other casualty was also a child). Forget that Kobe was known worldwide or that he was a pro athlete who was great at what he did. The circumstances of their personal lives and what they are leaving behind is what is so heartbreaking. RIP to all 9 of them, young and younger.

BTW, whoever mentioned that people are looking to make money off of this are correct. Profiteering is already happening. The cheapest ticket for tomorrow's Laker game is running 4-5 times higher than their other games. Sad indeed.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Sad part is that he was so young and had a young daughter. It is hard to swallow that a father of 4 died along with his oldest daughter, who was a middle schooler. And the others who perished were similar (younger and at least one other casualty was also a child). Forget that Kobe was known worldwide or that he was a pro athlete who was great at what he did. The circumstances of their personal lives and what they are leaving behind is what is so heartbreaking. RIP to all 9 of them, young and younger.

BTW, whoever mentioned that people are looking to make money off of this are correct. Profiteering is already happening. The cheapest ticket for tomorrow's Laker game is running 4-5 times higher than their other games. Sad indeed.
All so they can grab their phone, record it and say I was there for a couple likes on Social Media.

Users who are viewing this thread